- I crave sweets all the time……
- I over eat and eat “bad” foods at the end of the day…….
- I’m afraid if I continue to eat this way I’m going to gain too much weight and not be able to lose it postpartum.
These are all things I get all the time.
Especially in my Private Facebook Group for the girls in my Fit Mom To Be Workout Program.
Do you feel this way?
- Are you having tons of cravings and for sweets?
- Do you feel like you are more hungry at the end of the day?
- Is that when you make your bad choices?
If you can answer YES to one or more of the above questions, then this is why that is happening.
When too many hours go by without you eating, you have LOW BLOOD SUGAR.
When you have low blood sugar, your body is in a state of PANIC…… literally.
So it starts demanding SUGAR.
It really needs it in order to create homeostasis in the body and regulate your blood sugar.
This is literally what happens at a physiological level.
So its not that you are “craving” sweets, its that your body needs it.
Usually it takes about 2.5-3 hours for blood sugar to drop.
But when you are pregnant, the baby is taking most of your nutrients and the support system for the baby. So you expend calories (food) at a higher and faster level.
Which is why it’s soooo soooo sooooo important to not let yourself get hungry and to eat every few hours.
You can not afford to skip meals or to go too many hours without eating.
I’m telling you, it will increase your cravings for sugar, sweets and bad foods every single time.
It will make you over eat.
And if you don’t control it……
You will end up gaining more weight than you need to.
It’s not worth it.
- It will make for a more uncomfortable pregnancy.
- A harder labor, and…..
- A way harder time losing the baby weight.
I really think that one of the reasons why I was able to enjoy my pregnancies is because I didn’t gain so much weight that I was comfortable.
It has to be very hard to go through so many months feeling achy, uncomfortable and self conscious.
So here is what you do to prevent cravings, eat healthier (without having to diet), and be able to gain less weight and enjoy your pregnancy way more.
What To Do To Prevent Cravings
- Make a meal plan for the week.
- Include snacks in your meal plan for in between meals.
- Prep snacks on the weekend so you are prepared on busy week days.
- Before you leave your house ALWAYS pack some snacks.
- Never let more than 2-3 hours go by without eating.
- Make some healthy versions of cookies, brownies, cakes, pies, bars, etc. These will help you feel like you are indulging but in a healthy way. (there’s a bunch in my pregnancy diet plan).
More than half the battle is being prepared…. having a PLAN.
That is why I created my Pregnancy Diet Plan E-Book.
I know that what people struggle with is with having the plan, knowing what and when to eat and having a variety of different choices that are easy and satisfying without feeling like you’re dieting.
To me, that has been the trick.
Both when pregnant and not.
I still to this day never leave my house without a few snacks in my purse.
That way I can eat something before getting hungry and then I don’t over eat at the next meal.
I also am a sucker for CHOCOLATE.
So I love to feel like I am indulging.
And OMG when I was pregnant I always baked healthy chocolate chip cookies, and scones, and muffins, you name it.
But I never “needed” the bad stuff because I always had a healthy version at home.
And it doesn’t even take that long to make.
I would literally make 2 batches of stuff on Sundays, it would take me like 30 minutes…. NO joke!
I would make say: Chocolate chip cookies and chocolate chip muffins.
So listen, if you want to eat healthier both for your sake and your baby’s….. Since everything you eat and do right now is affecting your baby…..
But you are like……
“I don’t have the time or energy to figure out a meal plan and what to eat and make shopping lists, etc.”
Then you will totally love my Pregnancy Diet Plan E-Book.
In there, you will have a meal plan for your entire pregnancy.
Tons of delicious and super easy recipes to make.
Snacks, meals all super nutritious.
Calendars, recipe cards, shopping lists……
I did it all for you!
And you can have peace that you will be eating all the nutrients your baby needs.
- No more going too many hours without eating.
- No more leaving the house without snacks.
- No more over eating.
- No more over-indulging in sugar.
- No more EXCESS weight gain.
If you do have the time and energy to make a meal plan, please do so every week.
You have no idea how much it will help you….. for real 😉
It really will help you eat healthier because you will have less cravings.
And if you make the right stuff, you will enjoy it, and you will be giving your baby the best nutrients.
And that just feels so darn good 🙂
Ok, now get to meal planning or click here to immediately get download My Pregnancy Diet Plan E-Book.
I can’t wait for you to start making some of the yummy recipes in there.
Click here to start theFit Mom-To-Be Workout Program so you can have a really good, safe and effective pregnancy workout plan that you can do for the rest of your pregnancy.
If you are struggling with what to eat and different options that are SAFE for the baby and won’t make you GAIN WEIGHT, you will totally enjoy and get great use of theMMF Pregnancy Diet Plan.
- Full Meal Plan for entire pregnancy (know exactly what nutrients you and baby need).
- Increase energy & decrease fatigue with the best food combinations.
- Easy Kid-Friendly Recipes that will save you time in the kitchen.
- Helps reduce cravings so you eat healthier and gain less weight.
- Yummy and comforting meals so you can still enjoy eating.
It’s not too late to SLOW DOWN & LESSEN your Pregnancy Weight Gain.
If you exercise, you will see a huge change.
Less weight gain, not as fast and you will feel tighter, more fit, more energetic and less fatigue.
If you don’t want to spend 6-24 months postpartum losing your “BABY WEIGHT”, invest a little time, energy and possibly resources into your health and fitness this pregnancy. It will be so worth it when you are back at your pre-pregnancy weight in less than 3 months and feeling like yourself again.
If you need guidance, support and a safe exercise plan, you will love my Fit Mom-To-Be Workout Program (tested by TENS OF THOUSANDS of pregnant women).
And you can do it for your entire pregnancy (its not just a 12 week program).
Here is what you can expect:
- Less Weight Gain
- Less Stretch Marks and Cellulite
- Faster Labor & Delivery
- Faster Postpartum Weight Loss
- More Energy
- Less Aches & Pains
- Less Chances of Gestational Diabetes
- Better Sleep
What You Get:
- Monthly workouts that change every 4 weeks (which delivers the best results).
- No gym is required (2 versions available: home and gym).
- Exercise Videos & Pictures of every single exercise.
- Can view, access and download on any smart phone, tablet or computer.
- Private Facebook Group for support, community and questions answered by Michelle Marie.
- Monthly pregnancy nutrition tips to help you throughout your pregnancy.
To start your pregnancy workouts, click here: Fit Mom-To-Be