I am a busy mom, who happens to have a Type A personality. Most days, I never stop. Every day I wake up early, workout and deal with the normal stresses of life.
However, I was recently diagnosed with Thyroid antibodies (an autoimmune disease).
To be clear, its not fully an autoimmune disease because my antibodies haven’t reached a level to call it something but I’m being extra precautious and doing everything I can so it doesn’t become something.
On a positive note, my thyroid is perfectly fine but my thyroid antibodies, which are proteins made by the immune system, are attacking my thyroid.
But believe it or not… doctors have no treatment other than just wait for it to get worse by monitoring my thyroid twice a year.
Therefore, I took it upon myself to do research and do everything I can to prevent this from becoming something and affecting the way I function.
Over 10 years ago, as a fitness expert, I did not believe in supplements much.
It wasn’t until I started taking them and seeing what a GINORMOUS difference it made.
I always ate super healthy, exercised, I didn’t think I needed it.
However, to my surprise… no matter how healthy I eat, there is no way I am getting all the nutrients and vitamins and minerals my body needs to be in an optimal state of health, energy, weight, etc.
I have never looked and felt better since I started a consistent habit of taking supplements.
I also know what it feels like to not be on them because I’m human and I go through times that I am NOT consistent and I feel and see such a huge difference.
But, at this point with this diagnosis, I can’t afford not to be inconsistent so I have been on point.
Today, I wanted to share with you a few things I take consistently that have made a big difference.
Most of these, you should take as well.
Also, did you know, taking vitamins and supplements can also help balance your hormones? You can read more about it here.
The primary purpose of a multivitamin is to supply your body with the essential vitamins and minerals you require daily and that you may be missing out in your diet.
Luckily, there is a medical grade multivitamin in my mPower Protein Powder so I get mine in my yummy shake every morning.
- Helps support immune function (Especially take this post-Covid).
- Regulates mood.
- May decreases symptoms of depression.
- Supports weight loss.
- Regulates insulin levels (helps with weight loss) (helps prevent diabetes)
- Reduces blood pressure, lowers risk of heart attack, MS and arthritis.
- Helps increase testosterone naturally so you can gain more muscle.
- Supports bone health and prevents osteoporosis
- Improves mood and decreases symptoms of depression (as well).
- Prevents brain atrophy (helps focus).
- Increases energy production.
- Good for heart health.
- Promotes healthy hair, skin and nails.
- Helps fight the negative effects of cortisol (which increase when you don’t sleep enough, have stress, etc.)
- Promotes heart and bone health.
- Improves cholesterol.
- Decreases triglycerides and blood pressure.
- Reduces inflammation; which is the root of all diseases and also makes it incredibly hard to lose fat.
- Promotes healthy skin.
- Improves symptoms of depressions.
- Slows the decline in muscle mass.
- Stimulates muscle protein growth.
I mainly take magnesium to help me sleep better since I normally have elevated cortisol levels. I take this at night. It helps regulate neurotransmitters which increases the quality and duration of sleep.
Another reason I take magnesium is because it helps regulate bowel movements. If you have a hard time going to the bathroom, this helps tons.. I don’t travel without this lol
- Improves blood sugar levels and positively affects insulin which, aids in the breakdown of carbs.
- Promotes healthy heart and bones.
- Anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Helps improve PMS symptoms.
- Prevents and relieves migraines.
- Improves mood and reduces anxiety/stress.
- Helps regulate bowel movements.
Because sleep affects so much of our health, energy, body… I wanted to create a sleep supplement that would help me sleep but wouldn’t get me addicted. And we came up with Sleep Happy and it is amazing.
- Increases immune function.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Reduces oxidative stress (which is the root of all disease) because it has antioxidant properties.
- Increases fertility and libido.
- Helps acne (its anti-inflammatory and reduces oil production).
Collagen or Bone Broth
- Strengthens skin and improves elasticity and hydration.
- Promotes anti-agin properties.
- Helps joint pain.
- Prevents bone loss.
- Increases muscle mass.
- Helps digestion and aids in gut health.
- Good for brain health.
- Helps increase metabolism which aids in fat loss.
We really hit it out of the park with REFRESH COLLAGEN.
It is by far the best collagen supplement I have every used, and I’ve tried A LOT.
I talk about why it is the best one, what every ingredient inside it is and why its so beneficial HERE.
Well, there you go, all the supplements I take on a daily basis that have helped my overall health tremendously.
These are the biggest changes I have noticed by taking them and see a difference when I stop.
- Better sleep, more rested daily.
- More energy during the day.
- Leaner (more muscle tone).
- Easier to lose fat.
- Rarely ever get sick (never tested positive for Covid as of yet).
- Use carbs for energy (don’t burn muscle).
- No joint pain (both my parents are arthritic).
- Better hair, skin, nails.
- Better mood.
- Thyroid continues unaffected by my antibodies.
- More focused.
If you don’t take supplements, I recommend and encourage you to test if for yourself.
After you get your supplements, take them consistently for 6-8 weeks. Then you can decide what kind of difference it makes for you.
One important thing I will tell you is that with supplements QUALITY IS EVERYTHING.
I learned this the hard way and it was one of the main reasons I started MMF LABS and began my supplement line.
All the over the counter supplements are poor quality and then your body doesn’t absorb them which means…. NO POSITIVE EFFECTS OR BENEFITS, which means… WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.
My goal was to create medical grade supplements at really affordable prices.
I was so tired of spending so much money on expensive stuff after spending years taking vitamins over the counter that I saw and felt no difference from.
One of my goals is to have the entire list above of my own supplements so that I can make them available to you ladies so that you can feel at ease knowing you have supplements you can trust and will actually benefit you without breaking the bank so you can be consistent with them.
As of right now, we do have:
- Fish Oil
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B12
- Protein Powder
- Sleep Happy
- Cellulite Cleanse
So, if you are ever in need of those, you can find great prices on them in the MMF SHOP.
I share my personal supplement routine with you in case any of the reasons I take these can help you.
In fact, check out this video for 3 easy weight loss tips, that are NOT exercise or diet related.
Hope it helps!