People are so scared of the word FAT, and because of it, many people are missing out on the opportunity to LOSE FAT and lower the risk of many diseases.
Today I want to talk about one of my favorite foods………. AVOCADO’S.
You are probably thinking, OMG Michelle, you eat avocados, aren’t those so fattening?
Yes, Avocado’s are full of Monounsaturated Fat and I love every part of it. Before you think I am crazy, let me tell you some of the benefits of avocados, and why you should include them in you and your family’s diet.
Benefits of Monounsaturated Fats:
- Reduce the risk of cancers like breast and colon cancer.
- Decreases “bad” LDL cholesterol while not negatively affecting the “good” cholesterol.
- Lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Help reduce fat (especially BELLY FAT).: monounsaturated fat inreases the production of hormone that signals the body to burn fat. It also reduces INFLAMMATION. Inflammation triggers an increase in the stress hormone Cortisol which causes you to GAIN BELLY FAT.
- Helps CONTROL APPETITE and keep blood sugar steady: consumption of fat slows digestion and allows you to feel fuller longer and gives you a sense of satiety.
Before I give you the awesome recipe with avocado in it, here are some more choices that are high in monounsaturated fat.
Examples of Foods high in Monounsaturated Fats:
- Vegetable Oils: Olive, Canola, Sunflower, Sesame
- Nuts & Seeds: Almonds, Cashews, Macadamians, Pecans, Pistachios, Pumpkin, Sesame
- Avocados and Olives
I eat avocados every single day. I probably eat 1 Hass Avocado a day with one of my favorite go to snacks. Check it out here.
Here are some ideas to add them into your diet:
- Slice them on top of your egg whites.
- Top off your veggies with avocados.
- Make a guacamole with fresh cilantro, limejuice, and red onions and dollop on top of chicken breast or fish.
- Make a salsa with it and use it as a relish over chicken, turkey or fish.
- Smash it into rice or potatoes.
- Add it to your favorite turkey chili.
4 chicken breasts
1-2 Hass Avocado, peeled and diced
1/2 cup fresh pinapple, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, diced
Juice of 1 lime
S&P to taste
Bake chicken with your favorite spice blend in a 350 degree oven for ~ 20 minutes. Meanwhile in a bowl, combine all the ingredients and pour it over the baked chicken.
Keywords: Healthy Chicken with Pineapple Avocado Salsa
If you are a mom, you are BUSY, I know. But you can still eat healthy and feed your family healthy meals and be in amazing shape. If you need a step by step healthy meal plan with recipes and all, and awesome fat burning workouts, then click here to get the Fit Mom for Life program.
Check out this video and see how Avocado’s can help you burn fat!