The Foods You MUST Include In Your Diet
We all know by now that in order to speed metabolism and burn calories all day long, we must eat a small meal containing lean protein, starchy carbs and veggies every 3-4 hours.
But it goes even further, there are foods called “SUPERFOODS”. These foods are nutritional powerhouses that contain nutrients that are essential and crucial to our health. These foods, if eaten, can prevent and even reverse many diseases like hypertension, heart disease, diabetes and cancers.
So pay close attention today, I am going to give you a list of some of the Superfoods and I am going to go a step further and give you a few ideas of how you can eat them so that they taste good and you don’t feel like you are on a diet.
If you are a mom, these are definitely foods you have to include in your diet, your kids and the entire family. Remember eating healthy doesn’t mean eating bland and boring. You will see that you can eat delicious foods that are super healthy, slimming and you can really enjoy the process of “eating healthy”. And the best part of it is that you will lose weight and get fit and it won’t even feel like work.
Before I give you the goods, I want to remind you that this week could be a hard week for most of us. With the Holidays near we have family in town, we are out of routine, the kids are home from school and we have tons of parties and events. So I urge you to take a few minutes today and plan a healthy menu for the week. Go to the grocery store today and stock up on all your ingredients. Make sure you have healthy snacks and meals in the fridge for on the go meals. Then when the actual holiday parties come, you can indulge “moderately” without freaking out and you will continue on getting great results without gaining 7lbs in a week.
- Dark Chocolate
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Low Fat Yogurt
- Wild Salmon
Here are a few ideas to make SuperFoods taste yummy:
- Chicken salad with diced apples, toasted walnuts and yogurt instead of mayo.
- Roasted Pumpkin with a dash of cinnamon and a drizzle of honey and toasted pumpkin seeds on top.
- Spinach salad with sliced oranges, sliced onions, and a few slices of avocado, drizzle with EVOO.
- Turkey cutlets breaded with a combinations of finely diced walnuts and oats, bake it and drizzle honey and Dijon on top.
- Wild Salmon roasted and top with chopped avocado, tomatoes and oranges (like a salsa). Drizzle with EVOO.
- Roasted Broccoli with pinch of Parmesan and toasted walnuts with a drizzle of EVOO.
- Oatmeal with cinnamon and blueberries.
- BeFit Moms Oatmeal Pancake with blueberries. Click here for recipe: Oatmeal Pancake
Ok, that’s enough, my mouth is watering. You see, don’t all those options sound deelish? That is nothing compared to all the endless options. If you want more ideas on healthy recipes and foods, get my Eat to Be Fit Recipe Book now, click here to get it: Healthy Recipes , by the way, this is a great gift to give!