South Western Brown Rice Pilaf
Write a review
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 1 ½ cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups water
- One 14-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 lime, zested
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- In a saucepan, add stock, onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cumin and stir until onion is cooked.
- Add the rice and s&p to taste.
- Toast for a few minutes stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat and add the water and chicken stock, and tomatoes.
- Stir once and then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer until rice is cooked.
- Remove from the heat, fold in the zest of one lime and the cilantro, and serve.
Michelle Marie Fit https://michellemariefit.com/