Do you like nectarines?
Do you like beets?
I know, weird combination, but I saw a recipe with those ingredients in it along with a bunch of others and though it looked a bit strange, it looked delicious………… And it was. I only made some minor changes to this recipe that I found on www.loveandoliveoil.com
And I loved that it has beets because its a food I don’t normally have a lot of. So I thought it would be great to try it. By the way, there are a ton of health benefits to beats.
Health Benefits of Beets
- High in a ton of vitamins an nutrients including: Potassium, magnesium, fiber, phosphorus, iron; vitamins A, B & C; beta-carotene, beta-cyanine; folic acid.
- High in Boron which is directly related to sex hormones (nature’s own Viagara).
- They are a tonic for the liver and a purifier for the blood.
- Has tryptophan which relaxes the mind, it contains betaine so its good for depression.
Found all of this here…. very interesting: http://www.fullcircle.com/goodfoodlife/2012/05/10/6-health-benefits-of-eating-beets/#s.afolgbgmiaiaa
This yummy and super different salad also contains QUINOA which is incredibly healthy itself. This is just the perfect salad. I hope you try it. Its not one you would probably make often but its a great way to change it up and it really is super yummy and healthful.
You can serve this salad with my Baked Quinoa Chicken and it would make a perfect and delicious and easy meal. Great for week nights and even good enough for entertaining. You can find that recipe on My Pinterest Boards as well as tons of other recipes.
Remember, its so important to enjoy the healthy foods you are eating. If you feel deprived and bored with your “Diet Food”, chances are you won’t stick to it long enough to get great results.
The key to getting great results and keeping the weight off, is truly enjoying eating healthy. You are able to get results, be consistent and keep your results FOREVER.
I know it can be hard, but just get some new healthy recipes to try. I have My Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipes Book with over 300 healthy recipes. Its easy to go through, divided by proteins, carbs, veggies, snacks, etc. They are all quick and easy meals and most importantly they are delicious and super healthy.
FREE MASTER TRAINING CLASS REVEALS
The 3 Secrets To Losing Weight, Keeping It Off,
& Toning Up
WITHOUT Doing Cardio or Dieting & Eating More Than Ever
And Working Out WAY Less Than You Think....
Enter your email here to get instant access!
It will change your life, when you start enjoying the process of being HEALTHY!
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad
Photo Graphics & Editing by NerdyGirlDesigns
- 3 beets, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 peach, chopped
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- crumbled goat cheese to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place the beets and carrots on a lined baking sheet and roast for about 20-25 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix together the quinoa, peaches, thyme.
- When veggies are done, fold them in and add the EVOO and vinegar.
- Add in as much goat cheese as you want and fold carefully.
Seriously, it sounds like a weird combo but its freakin delicious. I really hope you try it. It even surprised me. And its so incredibly healthy because of all the ingredients in it. It really is a great way to change it up and its not hard to make at all. You can even make it with some left over quinoa.
If you try it, go to My Facebook Page and let me know, I love to hear from you guys.
Also, check out My YouTube Channel, I have tons of healthy cooking tips, strategies, and recipes on there that you will love and benefit from.