I was 30 years old when I got pregnant.
I have to admit that though we wanted to get pregnant so badly to give Danny’s (my husband) mother a reason to want to continue to fight cancer, I was a little bit nervous.
Not at the fact that anything could go wrong ( I didn’t learn that until my second pregnancy).
But because it had taken me a lifetime to finally get my body the way I always wanted it.
I was finally super fit, toned, confident, comfortable……….
And now…….. I was going to get huge.
At least that is what I thought and what I had seen tons of friends and clients go through.
But its the truth, its how I felt.
I mean, aren’t we all usually on a journey to look and feel better about ourselves?
But I got pregnant and I was thrilled.
Instead of just freaking out about gaining weight I decided to do tons of research and I committed to myself to doing everything I could to not use pregnancy as an excuse to just eat and eat and gain weight and lay around and do nothing but be pregnant.
This was huge.
Having this conversation with myself and making a promise to myself was what I believe still to this day to be the biggest game changer.
Everything in life is about a mindset and I decided that I would be positive and proactive about being healthy and fit during pregnancy.
I really know what the difference feels like from working out and not during pregnancy.
I think what is important is to be balanced about it.
I know its hard to not focus on the weight gain, but if you focus on being as healthy as you can for your baby and for your benefit while pregnant, it will be much easier.
The great thing is that I really only worked out 3-4 times a week.
My resistance based workouts were 45 minutes or so and I would do 1-3 20 minute cardio workouts.
That is like 3-4 hours out of a 168 hour week.
That is not a lot!
I also ate super healthy but didn’t diet.
At no point did I feel deprived.
- I still had some indulgences but I always did it moderately.
- I never binge ate or over ate.
- I never used “being pregnant” as an excuse to eat and eat and eat.
After figuring out how to control cravings and eat healthy in order to minimize healthy while getting all the nutrients my baby needed, and being successful after 2 pregnancies……..
I decided to create what is now my Pregnancy Diet E-Book.
I knew that like myself, many women would also want to eat healthy but without feeling deprived and in a balanced way that would minimize weight gain but was still good for the baby.
If you can manage to do that, you will do so good and have a healthy and fit pregnancy.
My first pregnancy was pretty amazing…..
- No complications, no problems, no set backs, I felt good.
- I exercised the entire pregnancy.
My second pregnancy was a different story.
- I had placenta previa and was on bed rest for 3-4 months.
- I had to undergo several exams because they feared some sort of chromosomal disease in the baby.
- I got the flu.
- I fractured my big toe (very painful) and was on crutches for 8 weeks.
- I had pregnancy induced hypothyroidism.
I couldn’t workout for about 4 months and let me tell you what a difference I felt.
I was way more achy.
I felt flabby and flimsy.
I didn’t feel strong like I did my first pregnancy.
I wasn’t confident.
I felt more tired and lazy.
My body didn’t look as good as it did during my first pregnancy.
I always knew how good exercise was, especially during pregnancy but now I got to experience how good it really was.
Not a day went by during those months that I didn’t wish I could workout.
It really does make a huge difference in every aspect.
- So if you are struggling with finding the time, making the time….. for exercise.
- If you feel tired and lazy and can’t find the energy.
- If you are not sure what to do.
- If you want to make sure you are able to lose your baby weight rather quickly postpartum.
- If you want to feel good about your pregnancy body.
I want to encourage you to workout.
I can’t tell you enough how much of an impact it will make on your pregnancy and on your recovery postpartum.
After working with over 50,000 pregnant women, I can tell you that it is really life changing.
And it’s the reason why I do what I do.
Why I continue to blog and write about pregnancy exercise and nutrition.
Because I know how hard pregnancy is and I know how much working out can help.
So, get encouraged!
I know you are probably busy and tired.
But MAKE the time.
Your body, your baby, your family and your labor will thank you 🙂
Because of exercise, my first pregnancy I gained 20 lbs and had a 4 hour labor.
I lost all my weight in weeks.
All I know is that by the time I went for my 6 week check up, I was under my pre-pregnancy weight.
Because I didn’t stay depressed after all the heart ache and issues during my second pregnancy and when I was allowed to exercise again, I did…..
I was still able to manage to keep my weight gain at 20 lbs (I ate extra healthy), I had a 1 1/2 hour labor and I was the lightest I had ever been by 2 months postpartum
I created my Fit Mom To Be Pregnancy Workouts out of my own need and desire to have a healthy and fit pregnancy.
I figured it was time to use my 15 + years of experience (then…. as of this post 20 +) and my passion for helping pregnant women and actually do something about how most women experience pregnancy.
If you would love to have a safe plan and workout and community to help you through this pregnancy, it would be an honor to have you join us and start the Fit Mom To Be Program.
My Tips For Healthy Pregnancy & Controlled Weight Gain
- Make sure you have clearance from your doctor.
- Resistance based workouts are the best because you will gain strength (helps with aches), you will gain muscle and tone and you will slow weight gain
- Its important to change up your routine every 4 weeks or else results are compromised because the body adapts.
- Listen to your body, when you feel you need rest, rest…. slow down.
- Embrace the weight gain. You have to gain weight for a healthy pregnancy, just stay active and eat healthy. BUT DON’T OBSESS OVER THE SCALE.
- Eat healthy and balanced. NO NEED TO DIET, you can still indulge, just do so moderately.
- Drink water…… like all the time, as much as you can. (will help with water retention).
- When you are postpartum: breastfeed (helps belly go down way faster and its the best for baby), and wear a belly band.
I hope you are feeling encouraged and motivated and excited.
I know its hard to see your body change.
But focus on the blessing.
Focus on your baby and creating the best possible environment for him/her by staying healthy and fit.
Don’t be so hard on yourself and make sure to celebrate all your little victories 🙂
If you start my pregnancy workout program, I will see you inside the program.
I have lots of tips for you and I can’t wait for you to see all the videos of the exercises.
Send me YOUR BUMP PICTURES, would be great to compare with after you have your baby….
So you can see how fabulous you will look.
I would also love to feature you and your beautiful bump.
Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to start theFit Mom-To-Be Workout Program so you can have a really good, safe and effective pregnancy workout plan that you can do for the rest of your pregnancy.
If you are struggling with what to eat and different options that are SAFE for the baby and won’t make you GAIN WEIGHT, you will totally enjoy and get great use of theMMF Pregnancy Diet Plan.
- Full Meal Plan for entire pregnancy (know exactly what nutrients you and baby need).
- Increase energy & decrease fatigue with the best food combinations.
- Easy Kid-Friendly Recipes that will save you time in the kitchen.
- Helps reduce cravings so you eat healthier and gain less weight.
- Yummy and comforting meals so you can still enjoy eating.
It’s not too late to SLOW DOWN & LESSEN your Pregnancy Weight Gain.
If you exercise, you will see a huge change.
Less weight gain, not as fast and you will feel tighter, more fit, more energetic and less fatigue.
If you don’t want to spend 6-24 months postpartum losing your “BABY WEIGHT”, invest a little time, energy and possibly resources into your health and fitness this pregnancy. It will be so worth it when you are back at your pre-pregnancy weight in less than 3 months and feeling like yourself again.
If you need guidance, support and a safe exercise plan, you will love my Fit Mom-To-Be Workout Program (tested by TENS OF THOUSANDS of pregnant women).
And you can do it for your entire pregnancy (its not just a 12 week program).
Here is what you can expect:
- Less Weight Gain
- Less Stretch Marks and Cellulite
- Faster Labor & Delivery
- Faster Postpartum Weight Loss
- More Energy
- Less Aches & Pains
- Less Chances of Gestational Diabetes
- Better Sleep
What You Get:
- Monthly workouts that change every 4 weeks (which delivers the best results).
- No gym is required (2 versions available: home and gym).
- Exercise Videos & Pictures of every single exercise.
- Can view, access and download on any smart phone, tablet or computer.
- Private Facebook Group for support, community and questions answered by Michelle Marie.
- Monthly pregnancy nutrition tips to help you throughout your pregnancy.
To start your pregnancy workouts, click here: Fit Mom-To-Be