Protein is a macronutrient so it’s important for every single human to consume it.
By definition, a nutrient is something you must ingest in order to sustain life.
It’s that important… And during pregnancy its even more important.
- Protein is what helps your baby’s tissues and organs (including the brain) grow and develop.
- It also helps your breast and uterine tissues grow.
- Plays a big role in increasing blood supply needed during pregnancy.
- Which is why your protein intake needs to increase during pregnancy.
Most pregnant women don’t get enough protein in because of aversions.
Most pregnant women, especially in the 1st trimester, cannot stomach or even look at eggs, chicken, fish, turkey.
Which makes it hard to get any protein in, let alone what is recommended.
Studies say you need about 75-100 grams of protein per day while pregnant.
It varies depending on your body weight.
Which is why a good protein powder is a life saver during pregnancy.
Thing is, most protein powders in the market have artificial sweeteners, heavy metals, low quality protein, fillers, artificial flavors and the bioavailability is so low, the body doesn’t absorb the vitamins and minerals so essentially, its like you didn’t ingest anything.
Benefits of Protein Powders
- Manage weight gain.
- Manage appetite.
- Crush cravings.
- Helps growth & development of baby’s tissues and organs.
- Increases muscle mass.
- Speed metabolism.
- Meal replacement.
Extra Benefits of mPower Protein Powder For Pregnancy
- It counts as a prenatal.
- It has all the B vitamins so helps with energy and to reduce stress hormones that cause excess weight gain.
- Biovailability is incredibly high so you actually absorb all the vitamins and minerals.
- It has prebiotics, probiotics and digestive enzymes which makes is super easy on the belly, preventing gassiness, constipation and bloating like most protein powders do.
- It has the perfect ratio of protein to carbs to actually make it a meal replacement. It has just the right amount of carbs to help crush cravings and make you feel fuller for a longer period of time.
- It has folate instead of folic acid, which your body doesn’t absorb.
- It is known to be the best tasting protein powder in the market.
Are Protein Powders Safe For Pregnancy?
After having hundreds of doctors look at mPower and approve it for their patients, we say YES!
Actually, a doctor helped formulate mPower, which is why the quality and absorbability is so good as well as having the best vitamins in it for mama and baby.
What To Look For In A Protein Powder For Pregnancy
- No GMO’s
- High Bioavailability
- Cold Pressed
- Tested for Heavy Metals
- Produced in the U.S
- No Fillers or Chemicals
- No Artificial Sweeteners
- High Profile of Vitamins
- Soy Free
- Doctor Approved
- Meal Replacement (has a little bit of carbs as well to give you energy and hold you over to the next meal)
mPower has all of the above, plus the most delicious protein powder you have ever tried.
It is creamy, silky-smooth and tastes like a dreamy vanilla ice cream milk shake.
How To Use Protein Powder During Pregnancy
Quick breakfast : shake it up with water or almond milk and go.
Satisfying Snack: blend it with some fruit, nut butters, greens, avocado, nuts for a delicious and filling snack to keep your metabolism going and prevent cravings. Click here for a yummy smoothie recipe for pregnancy.
Coffee Creamer: many ladies love adding mPower in their coffee as a creamer. It tastes delicious, makes it nutritious and filling and gets your protein intake up.
Baked Treats: use it in healthy baked muffins, cookies, pancakes to get your protein up and make it fill you up longer. Click here for the yummiest healthy blondies recipe (high in protein and tons of nutrients)
Mix it in Oatmeal: another great way to add protein to your breakfast and it makes oatmeal taste amazing.
Click here for the most delicious oatmeal recipe you have ever had in your life.
I made it on Instagram, heres the recipe: Chunky Monkey Protein Oatmeal
One of my favorite Protein Smoothies is super easy and has tons of vitamins and nutrient
I call it Dragon smoothie because its made with dragon fruit.
Most groceries have it in the frozen section. But if by chance yours doesn’t, you can sub it for blueberries.
I always suggest using frozen fruit because the consistency is much better.Print
1/4 cup frozen dragon fruit (or blueberries)
1 tbsp chia seeds (can use flax meal or seeds) or can omit
~10 ounces of almond milk or any dairy free milk
Optional: to add a little more nutrients, add a handful of spinach, kale or avocado.
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
You may add more milk or water to reach your desired texture.
It’s so good, even my son loves it.
I hope you are convinced about how amazing and beneficial it is to have a good quality protein powder during pregnancy to help you get the proper protein requirements in, but also to help you get your prenatal in and other vitamins you need while pregnant.
This will save you money as well, because you don’t have to spend money on prenatals that aren’t even good quality and your body doesn’t absorb.
With mPower, you can feel good about having the best prenatal and protein for you and baby.
Check out the testimonials from ladies who have tried mPower!