It was freezing cold in the hospital room that my girlfriend just had her baby.
I’ll never forget that day.
I was so excited to see her and the baby (she was one of my first friends to have a baby).
She must have been so hormonal. Her first words were, look at me, Michelle…. I still look 7 months pregnant, how will I ever lose this weight.
I didn’t know what to do with myself.
All I could say was…. “have grace with yourself, your body just went through so much in the last 10 months.” Have patience, I told her, it will come off.
Before I go on and tell you about Wilmarie, who had the opposite happen, I want to make something clear.
We all have our journey. We all experience pregnancy and postpartum differently.
And before anything, you need to have grace with yourself.
If it takes you longer to get to a place you feel comfortable at, that’s ok.
As long as you are happy.
One thing is being proactive, and setting goals and having the desire to better yourself.
But pregnancy is dang hard and its a process to recover.
So, while I’m always encouraging you to exercise, to eat healthy, to practice self care, to do all the things during pregnancy so that postpartum recovery can be easier, I do always first tell you to have grace.
Thing is, I have seen so many friends, family members, clients and customers have such a hard time losing their baby weight and struggling with postpartum depression that I can’t NOT ENCOURAGE YOU to do the things I know will help you.
So, Wilmarie’s story is just that…..
an encouragement, motivation, inspiration to get you more active, making better food choices so that like her, its easier to lose your baby weight.
Ugh, I know it sounds so vain.
And that just being able to have a baby is such a blessing.
But what I have seen from women with postpartum depression because they have such a hard time with their postpartum body and recovery, that it scares me.
So know that, yes, you need to give yourself grace.
- Yes, pregnancy is dang hard.
- Yes, having a baby is a huge blessing.
But that doing the right things and being proactive while pregnant is only going to benefit you sooooo much postpartum.
- Your postpartum depression chances will decrease.
- Your mood will be better.
- Your energy will be better.
- You will be able to move around and do more faster.
- Your baby weight will drop with more ease and faster.
- You will feel strong and be able to pick up right where you left off while pregnant because you were working out the whole time.
IT’S SO WORTH IT.
And while, Wilmarie’s story is amazing.
And holy moly she lost 26 lbs in less than 2 weeks and her belly is completely flat.
It is crazy that she lost it in 2 weeks.
But it’s also not that crazy…
Most of the ladies that do my Fit Mom To Be Pregnancy Workouts get very similar results. They all lose all their baby weight and more super shortly postpartum.
You know I hate the scale and weighing… I never ever weigh myself.
The first time I weighed myself after both babies was at my 6 week checkup, and both times I was a1-2 lbs below pre-pregnancy weight.
So I also know first hand, what these workouts and the discipline can do for you.
Which is why I cannot… will not… lol , stop trying to encourage you to do it.
Weight training during pregnancy is one of the best things you can do.
It also strengthens and preps your body for labor and delivery.
Now more than ever I am getting messages from moms who do my program telling me that the doctors and labor nurses are amazed at how fast their labors are and how crazy good their pushing is and they credit their workouts for it.
It also helps you reduce aches and pains while pregnant and helps you sleep better, be in a better mood, feel more confident.
So why not?
Why not invest 2-3 hours a week in your self care while pregnant?
It is the best investment you can make.
I don’t promise you, that you will lose 26 lbs in 1 1/2 weeks, but I do promise you that you will lose all your baby weight postpartum and that it will be way faster and way easier than you ever thought or so others do.
And I promise it will be super easy to get in the best shape of your life after having babies…. especially if you do BBAPP after which Wilmarie is about to start.
I created BBAPP to be able to continue to help you as soon as you have your baby.
- Not just workouts, but helping you plan out your early days postpartum.
- Help you get organized.
- Create new routines that will help you make the time and space for self care.
- Help you if you are breastfeeding.
- Help you heal your pelvic floor and strengthen your core.
- And help you tone up all while having a baby and in 3 months.
I know how lost you feel those first few months postpartum and since you know me and all I stand for since you follow me during pregnancy, I wanted to have something you could rely on and trust to help you in those super hard months postpartum.
Most every lady who goes through FMTB, also does BBAPP.
And I love that I can be there for you during all these hard stages.
It really is such an honor, so thank you for trusting me.
I hope you are motivated and inspired to start working out more.
Hopefully you have already heard me say a million times…. IT’S NEVER TOO LATE TO START.
If you’ve been doing the Fit Mom To Be Pregnancy Workout program but haven’t been consistent, I hope this is your sign or motivation to be consistent.
CONSISTENCY IS KEY.
By the way, it took my friend over a year to lose her baby weight and get to a point she felt like herself again. (she didn’t workout or practice self-care that pregnancy)
Her next pregnancy she worked out and did FMTB and she lost all her baby weight in about 3 months.
I call that a win 🙂
Check out this video on how to give yourself grace during pregnancy.
P.S. If there is anything else you are struggling with, feel free to hit REPLY and let me know. If there is anything else I can write about or teach or give you tips and tricks on, I would love to know so I can create more content that serves you.
Whenever you’re ready… here are a 5 ways I can help you be a healthier, more fit, more confident & organized mom without crazy dieting or over-exercising so you can be the best version of you possible.
1. Fit Mom To Be: This is my pregnancy workout program that has helped over 250,000 women have fit pregnancies, strengthen & prep their bodies for labor, help them recover in a shorter time and lose their baby weight in record time. Our pregnancy and mom community is the best out there – Click Here
2. Pregnancy Diet Plan: Eating healthy and enjoy it, can be really hard during pregnancy. But there is no time that is more important to eat healthy than during pregnancy. This pregnancy nutrition guide and meal plan will help you get all the nutrients you and baby need for a healthy pregnancy and baby while enjoying delicious meals that are easy to make and the entire family will love – Click Here
3. mPower Protein Powder: The most sought-after pregnancy protein powder in the market. It is also an all-in-one nutritional supplement that contains a prenatal, B-vitamins for added energy, probiotics and digestive enzymes to make it easy on the belly and its the best tasting, silky-smooth decadent vanilla ice cream milk shake that will give you the extra protein that is crucial for you to increase while pregnant – Click Here
4. Better Body After Pregnancy Program: A 12-week program that is way more than just workouts and diets. It is your blueprint to navigating through the very tough first few months postpartum. It will help you recover, lose your baby weight, flatten and strengthen your belly, heal Diastis Recti, tone up and make you a healthy and fit mom shortly after having your baby – Click Here
5. Fit Mom For Life: My best program yet. This would be like having me with you as your personal trainer and coach. Aside from workouts and meal plans galore to help you lose weight and tone up and never get bored of your workouts or diet, the amount of strategies and tips I give you in this program is like no other. Most ladies say I should charge more for this program because there is so much gold in it. This is best if you are 6 + months postpartum. This is a program you can use for the rest of your life and continue to see better and better results – Click Here