I didn’t know how much of an impact nutrition has during pregnancy until I started doing my own research.
I mean…. my doctor told me to eat healthy but he didn’t tell me how much of what I ate while pregnant affected my baby in utero and how much better my pregnancy would or could be if I ate healthy.
Not to mention how much less EXCESS weight gain one can have if you eat right during pregnancy.
My second pregnancy I freaked out a little because I had so many issues that prevented me from exercising that I thought I would blow up like a balloon lol.
My first pregnancy was great, I gained 20 lbs. I exercised the entire pregnancy, ate healthy, lost all my baby weight in just a few weeks…
But the second go around, I had Placenta Previa, a fractured toe, doctor prescribed bed rest….
It was hard……
So I decided to focus on my nutrition and made it a goal to gain the same amount of weight as the first pregnancy without exercise…. just eating right.
I did it!
I did a ton of research on pregnancy and nutrition and I made myself an awesome meal plan which I later turned into my Pregnancy Diet Plan E-Book.
So, today, what I want to do is give you some tips on how to make your own healthy pregnancy meal plan.
And by all means…. if you’re like “I don’t have time for that”, or “I’m not good in the kitchen”, or “I don’t know what’s good or not for the baby”, “how do I know I’m including the right nutrients”…. you can just get my Pregnancy Diet Plan E-Book and have something to follow for the rest of your pregnancy.
Tips How To Create A Healthy Pregnancy Meal Plan
- Plan meals for ONE week.
- Look online or cooking magazines or books for recipes of foods you want to eat.
- Make sure to include a lean protein, a healthy carb and a veggie and healthy fat in every meal (at least most).
- Make sure to vary the foods you eat weekly so that you get a ton of different nutrients. (try to avoid eating the same exact foods all the time).
- Make a shopping list of everything you need for making the meals that week that you don’t already have.
- Make sure to plan for snacks and lots of fruits.
- Every week, plan what day you will go to the grocery store.
- If you can cook daily, good, if you can’t plan and schedule in what days and times you can utilize for meal prep or cooking.
- Change your meal plan weekly.
- Cook for one main meal a day and make a double batch for the next day meal. For example, I cook daily quick dinners and have the left overs for lunch. Who has time to cook two meals a day?
I know that knowing what is a protein, carb, vegetable, healthy fat can be hard so here is a list so that you can have an easier time choosing your meals.
The main thing is that you have a plan and that you are prepared.
If you don’t think ahead, it is very hard to eat healthy.
Also, during pregnancy, it is incredibly important to get in as many nutrients as possible… for the baby’s health but also for YOU!
The less nutrients you are lacking…. the better chance you have of feeling good.
Another way to make sure you are getting enough nutrients, is to have delicious, easy and quick PROTEIN SHAKE.
mPower is protein powder specifically formulated for pregnancy and breastfeeding.
To see all the benefits of mPower Protein Powder for Pregnancy as well as what the ladies are saying about it, CLICK HERE.
Back to creating a healthy pregnancy meal plan. Here is an example of a day.
How To Create A Pregnancy Meal Plan Sample
Breakfast: 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, half an avocado and small bowl of oatmeal.
Morning Snack: 2 Strawberry Protein Muffins
Lunch: Hummus Chicken, brown rice and roasted broccoli with parmesan. (left over’s from the night before).
Afternoon Snack: Apple and almond butter
Dinner: Red Crockpot Turkey Meatballs with Brown Rice Pasta (make extra for next day’s lunch).
It’s really not that hard.
You just need to get organized and spend a little time finding some good and healthy recipes that you are excited about eating.
It’s so much easier to eat healthy when you enjoy what you’re eating.
If you don’t have the time or energy to create a pregnancy meal plan for yourself and you rather just follow one, download mine here: MMF Pregnancy Meal Plan.
If you would like more tips on Pregnancy Nutrition Tips, check out this YouTube video.