I can’t stop trying and making cookies. As you can see by all the Healthy Cookie Recipes I have been posting on My Pinterest Boards. My fave is still the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. YUMMO!
Hey, at least they are all healthy and gluten-free.
They really are, so you should feel absolutely NO GUILT by eating them. Every ingredient is clean and good for you.
And by the way, making and eating these cookies helps me stay on track, eat better and decreases my desire to eat anything “bad”.
I have clients who have told me the same so I urge you to try them.
These are delicious. Easy to make and great to take in a little baggie for a quick on the go snack.
You know what else is great for on the go healthy snacks?
My Apple Egg White Pancakes from My Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipes Book. Yup, and not only are they easy to make and carry around but they are dee-freakin-lish! You have to try them.
If you don’t have it yet, you are crazy, over 300 healthy recipes………. and all delicious and healthy. You can even get the E-Book Version and download it RIGHT NOW and have these pancakes for your next snack.
Did you know that the good fat in almond butter can help moderate the rate in blood sugar increases?
Isn’t that great?
So you can feel great about the ingredients you are eating in these cookies.
And don’t worry about the “Sugar” in the banana. Most bananas have 12 grams of sugar so in the whole batch of about 16 cookies you get less than a gram of sugar per cookie. Bid Deal!
Its a lot less than you would consume if you BINGED because you felt deprived. So go ahead my friend, and enjoy these yummy cookies.
Gluten-Free Protein Cookies
- 1 very ripe banana, smashed
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- unsweetened applesauce (optional, to desired consistency)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use BB3 Formula 1)
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp gluten-free dairy-free chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix the banana, almond butter and vanilla.
- Mix well and add the rest of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- If its too dry add a little bit of applesauce until you get a sticky but moldable texture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and spoon into a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes or until done.
What are you favorite cookies?
Tell me here in the comments or on My Facebook Page and I will make them healthy for you.