So many people are afraid of eating CARBS!
I’m not sure why as carbohydrates are our main source of fuel.
I guess it stems from when the Atkins Diet was popular and people were sitting around ordering pizza and taking the cheese off of it and eating that in an attempt to be healthy.
Well, guess what?
Most of those people who cut out carbs from their diet completely, end up bingeing an gaining even more weight. First of all, let me clarify something……..
For every 1 gram of carbs you ingest, you retain 3-4 grams of water. What does that mean?
Well, it means that when you initially cut carbs out of your diet, the weight loss you see first is water NOT FAT. Then most people make the mistake of letting too much time go by without eating so they have LOW BLOOD SUGAR at which point it is almost impossible to have WILL POWER. This is when most people fail.
First of all when cutting carbs, you have to be extremely careful not to BURN MUSCLE. And if you are an active person and you cut carbs without adding in some HEALTHY FATS, chances are you WILL burn muscle. At this point you will be decreasing your ability to burn fat.
Its not worth it!
Very few people need to cut carbs completely in order to get results. Now you can manipulate carbohydrates during the day or week in order to enhance fat loss, but this should NOT be done at random. It is best to speak with a professional to help you with a plan.
If you eat carbs moderately, you can still lose fat, gain muscle and get super fit.
That is why I always like to write up some yummy healthy carb recipes. I have tons on My Pinterest Boards so make sure that you are following them.
I also find that people get BORED of eating the same ol’ carbs all the time. I mean, how many times a week can you eat brown rice and sweet potatoes? But there are so many other healthy carbs to include in your diet and also so many different ways to make the same brown rice and sweet potatoes.
That is why I love my Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipes Book. It is divided into sections: Proteins, Carbohydrates, Vegetables, Breakfast Dishes, Snacks. There are tons of recipes for healthy carbs that are delicious and easy to make, like this tomato and herb rice salad that I think you will love.
Tomato & Herb Rice Salad
- 2 cups jasmine or brown rice
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2–3 tbsp EVOO
- Cook the rice as directed.
- Meanwhile, mix all the dressing ingredients well and set aside.
- When rice is cooked, fluff with a fork and fold in the tomatoes, scallions and cilantro.
- Pour the dressing over it and fold gently.
- Serve at room temperature.
- I used jasmine rice for this because I was in a rush and it cooks faster.
- But you can also use brown rice and even quinoa.
- Heck, you can also use barley, wheat berries, brown rice couscous.
- Its a very versatile recipe.
- You can also use parsley instead of cilantro.
- Pepper instead of tomatoes.
Have fun with the recipe. Take the strategy and make it your own, with your favorite spice, herbs and veggies.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
Don’t forget, you can download my Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipes Book IMMEDIATELY and have all 300 healthy recipes on your computer right now.
It sure does help anyone eat healthy and not feel on a “DIET”.