As a working mom, my life is BUSY! I am always on the run and I have found that if I am prepared with healthy snacks all the time, it is so much easier to be good and not fall off the wagon. So, somehow in my crazy schedule, I make the time to cook up some yummy and healthy treats like the one I’m giving you today. They may beat my Pumpkin Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies that I pinned on My Pinterest Board a few weeks ago, I don’t know, maybe you can tell me what you think. Lets see what one Fan has to say about them on My Facebook.
I love that her daughter loves them too 🙂
This No-Bake Gluten-Free Cookie is so easy to make and so delicious that you are going to want to make this on a weekly basis. They are chocolaty and delicious. They have some unsweetened cocoa powder in them which not only gives them the rich chocolate flavor but also theres tons of health benefits and in 2 tbsp there is
Pretty cool huh?
Check it out.
Health Benefits of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder:
- Protects against colon cancer.
- Improved Insulin Sensitivity.
- Anti-aging effects.
- Improves cognitive function.
- High in Antioxidants.
- According the LiveStrong.com, it has phytonutrients that are disease fighting and health protecting flavanoids.
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/147416-benefits-of-unsweetened-cocoa-powder/#ixzz269gJzrUb
You know what you could add this amazing cocoa powder to? My No-Bake Oatmeal Bars, from My Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipes Book. Instead of adding the fruit flavor Sugar Free Jello, add a few tablespoons of cocoa powder and it will be one delicious healthy snack. I hope you already have the book so you can enjoy this treat now, if you don’t you can actually get the E-Book version immediately, get it here: Eat To Be Fit E-Book
It takes minutes to make this healthy gluten-free cookies, so try them, they will be a great on the go snack. And the kids love them too.
No-Bake Gluten-Free Cookies
- I ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups Oats (I use Red Bobs Mill Gluten-Free Quick oats)
- In a bowl, mash the banana with vanilla, almond butter and milk.
- Mix in the oats and stevia and cocoa powder.
- Mix well and put a dollop on a parchment lined baking sheet and let them sit for an hour or so in room temperature.
- Store in the fridge.
I love this recipe because it really fits my lifestyle. Its easy, quick to make and delicious.