Do you ever get tired of eating chicken or turkey for dinner?
I do, it actually has been happening to me quite often lately.
Normally when this happens, I make myself an egg white veggie omelet or I make veggie frittata or just some scrambled eggs with some avocado. But I have found an even better option……. SOUP.
There is just something so comforting and yummy about soup and they are pretty easy to make.
So the other night I found this recipe on Pinterest. By the way OMG, do I love Pinterest. Do you? If you do, make sure you are “Following” My Pinterest Boards as I pin healthy recipes, workouts, exercises and more.
Anyhow, I found this recipe on www.generationyfoodie.com, and I just had to make it. I few minor changes and it was one yummy, healthy and comforting meal. I had it with My Hearts & Avocado Salad which the recipe is on My Pinterest Board. I was full, satisfied and felt so good about having a light and healthy dinner that was different than the same ol’ chicken dinner.
I have some yummy Frittata recipe in My Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipes Book, so make sure to check it out. Actually there are so many yummy and healthy recipes in there (over 300), and you can download it INSTANTLY.
Anyhow, here is the recipe.
Healthy “Cream” of Broccoli Soup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion
- 1 large head of broccoli cut into florets
- S&P to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, blend the garlic and onions.
- Then sauté the mixture in a saucepan with a little stock for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, process the broccoli, and add into the onion mixture and cook for a few more minutes.
- Meanwhile, process the beans and add them into the saucepan.
- Add in the paprika, s&p, rosemary and stock and cook over medium heat until it thickens or reaches the desired consistency that you like.
- At the end fold in a little parmesan cheese and if you want to make it a bid milder, you can mix in a little almond milk.
I know you have those nights where you just can’t stand another piece of chicken. And when it happens, be sure to try this. It doesn’t take much time to make and its deelish. And you will have tons of left over’s so it will taste even better the next day.
And most importantly, you will be eating a nutritious meal that you can feel good about.
I’m telling you, eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring. And you definitely don’t have to eat the same “diet” food all the time. Start switching it up and you will see how much more enjoyable it is and how much more consistent you are with your “diet”.