As you know I love cooking.
I didn’t always love cooking, but as I struggled to figure out if I could live the rest of my life feeling “Deprived”, I started PLAYING in the kitchen.
Now, cooking is fun and I’m trying to teach that to my 2 year old son. Every time I am in the kitchen cooking, I bring him in with me, I give him some bowls, spatulas and we cook together. Whenever possible, I let him do things like press the button on the food processor.
I think its important to teach kids at an early about eating healthy, cooking etc. If you make it fun then they will enjoy it.
Last week, my 10 year old cousin was hanging out with me. We did so much cooking together and she had a blast. She was asking tons of questions about the ingredients and she pretty much did everything.
The toughest part…….. DELEGATING! LOL
We made these delicious Protein Cookies. She loved them and I think you will to. We also made my Apple Protein Pancakes from My Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipes Book. She took some home with her to share with her brother, she liked them so much. She couldn’t believe they were healthy. Have you tried them yet?
I hope you try these, they are deelish and easy to make. If you don’t like coconut and almond flavor, go to My Pinterest Boards, there are tons of other healthy cookie, muffins, and pancake recipes that you will probably love.
Coconut-Chip Protein Cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp agave
- 4 Stevia packets
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3 cups Almond meal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use BB3 Formula 1)
- 3 tbsp gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, with a hand held blender, mix the eggs with the cooled coconut oil.
- Mix in the agave, stevia, extract.
- Then fold in the protein powder, almond meal, coconut and chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes or until golden on top and cooked through.
Try these and let me know what you think. And if you have any requests on recipes you want me to make healthy and fit for you.
Also, you have to check out the NEW VIDEOS on My YouTube Channel. I have uploaded tons of easy to follow HEALTHY COOKING TIPS, STRATEGIES, RECIPES AND MUST-HAVE INGREDIENTS.