What you eat after a workout is very important.
Especially during pregnancy.
The main reason it’s important is for ENERGY purposes and REFUELING.
When you workout, particularly RESISTANCE BASED WORKOUTS/WEIGHT TRAINING, you use carbs/sugar for fuel.
So you basically deplete that while exercising so it’s important to replenish right after so that you have energy and don’t get sick and also so that you don’t burn muscle.
If you don’t replenish properly you will burn muscle and muscle is what helps you be able to BURN MORE CALORIES as well as to look toned 🙂
You work too hard to build muscle to then go burn it because you didn’t refuel right.
So make sure to be prepared for the right POST-WORKOUT MEAL.
The Right Post-Workout Meal
What you need post-workout is a fast digesting protein which the best would be EGG WHITES.
and a high glycemic (sugar) carb, like a fruit.
When I was pregnant with both my kids my post-workout meal was always hard boiled egg whites and pineapple or strawberries or watermelon or berries.
I would hard boil 12-18 eggs a week and would just pack 4 up with me in a tupperware and take them with me to the gym. I would also pack the fruit.
Then one day, I made these pancakes, they are so good and so easy to make and they basically have the protein and fruit in them.
Sometimes those were easy to transport to the gym.
But you can do both.
Timing of Post-Workout Meal
What is super important is when you have the post-workout meal and that should be IMMEDIATELY.
Immediately as in within 5 minutes of you finishing your workout.
That is why when I worked out at the gym, I always packed my post-workout meal.
I talk about protein powders in the video below.
I explain the whole post-workout meal a lot better in there so check it out so you can make sure you get the best results from your workouts and that you feel energized after them and not spent, weak and tired.
Click here to start the Fit Mom-To-Be Workout Program so you can have a really good, safe and effective pregnancy workout plan that you can do for the rest of your pregnancy.
If you are struggling with what to eat and different options that are SAFE for the baby and won’t make you GAIN WEIGHT, you will totally enjoy and get great use of the MMF Pregnancy Diet Plan.
- Full Meal Plan for entire pregnancy (know exactly what nutrients you and baby need).
- Increase energy & decrease fatigue with the best food combinations.
- Easy Kid-Friendly Recipes that will save you time in the kitchen.
- Helps reduce cravings so you eat healthier and gain less weight.
- Yummy and comforting meals so you can still enjoy eating.
It’s not too late to SLOW DOWN & LESSEN your Pregnancy Weight Gain.
If you exercise, you will see a huge change.
Less weight gain, not as fast and you will feel tighter, more fit, more energetic and less fatigue.
If you don’t want to spend 6-24 months postpartum losing your “BABY WEIGHT”, invest a little time, energy and possibly resources into your health and fitness this pregnancy. It will be so worth it when you are back at your pre-pregnancy weight in less than 3 months and feeling like yourself again.
If you need guidance, support and a safe exercise plan, you will love my Fit Mom-To-Be Workout Program (tested by TENS OF THOUSANDS of pregnant women).
And you can do it for your entire pregnancy (its not just a 12 week program).
Here is what you can expect:
- Less Weight Gain
- Less Stretch Marks and Cellulite
- Faster Labor & Delivery
- Faster Postpartum Weight Loss
- More Energy
- Less Aches & Pains
- Less Chances of Gestational Diabetes
- Better Sleep
What You Get:
- Monthly workouts that change every 4 weeks (which delivers the best results).
- No gym is required (2 versions available: home and gym).
- Exercise Videos & Pictures of every single exercise.
- Can view, access and download on any smart phone, tablet or computer.
- Private Facebook Group for support, community and questions answered by Michelle Marie.
- Monthly pregnancy nutrition tips to help you throughout your pregnancy.