I have a bitter sweet feeling about the Holidays being over!
I mean, I was really enjoying having a few days off and hanging out with my family, resting and living it up. But there was a part of me that was ready to get back into routine and healthy eating.
So on New Years Day I woke up and while I made breakfast, I whipped up these cookies and and my Blueberry Egg White Pancakes from My Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipe Book (over 300 healthy recipes by the way). This way I was prepared with healthy quick and on the go options.
You will get better results if you have healthy snacks available.
I love these healthy cookies because their are so many good ingredients in them that you can feel GUILT-FREE about eating them.
They also have some HEALTHY FATS so they are really filling. You can eat one or two little cookies and feel totally satisfied. They are BERRYLICIOUS!
I used FREEZE-DRIED FRUIT, which is great because you can crumble it and get the flavor in every bite, and you only have to use a tiny little bit. I normally use 2 tbsp and its plenty!
Check this out I found on this website: http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/benefitsoffreezedriedfruitsandvegetables.aspx#.UOtFyDkTufQ
I love cookies, as you can see, I’ve posted a ton of Healthy Protein Cookie Recipes on My Pinterest Boards, so make sure you are FOLLOWING them.
Ok, I hope you are convinced to try them, they are deelish!
Chewy Berrylicious Protein Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp flax meal (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp crushed freeze dried strawberries
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use BB3 Formula 1)
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquid (I use Spectrum from Whole Foods)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 Stevia packets
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with the vanilla and coconut oil.
- Then mix in the dry ingredients except for the berries and nuts, and fold those in at the end. Place a spoonful on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for approximately 14 minutes or until done.