The trick to eating clean is eating every few hours.
When too many hours go by without eating, you have low blood sugar. At this point, your body craves SUGAR. And at this point it is close to impossible to have WILL POWER.
But if you eat every 2-4 hours, chances are you won’t ever be famished and have low blood sugar.
This is why I always make or bake healthy snacks once a week and keep them in my fridge. Since I am always on the run, its easy to grab a few muffins, protein cookies or pancakes and take them in my bag with me.
I especially do this on the weekends when we are out and about all day long. This really helps me eat much cleaner all the time. You can find all My Healthy/Paleo/Gluten-Free Snacks on My Pinterest Boards.
You know what’s also really great about making these DELICIOUS yet HEALTHY treats?
They are so good that you don’t even feel like eating something “BAD”.
Since I started making all these delicious snacks, I eat so much cleaner on the weekend. I always make sure I have them for the weekend. I take them everywhere! Especially birthday parties. We have so many of them these days that I can’t afford to be eating cake every weekend. LOL
This weekends birthday party (above) I took My Banana Protein Muffins. This recipe is in My Fit Mom For Life Program. I love these, they are one of my favorites.
Anyhow, here is this recipe for Protein Banana-Chocolate Bites, my recommendation is that you make at least 2 DIFFERENT healthy snacks and keep them in your fridge….. always!
By the way, yes this recipe has 5 WHOLE EGGS, please don’t be FREAKS! It’s 18 muffins, you are getting barely any in each one.
Plus YOKES aren’t bad for you unless you are eating 5 daily. MODERATION is key!
Protein Banana-Chocolate Bites (18 Muffins)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 5 Stevia packets
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract or almond extract
- 1 cup almond meal (I use Bob’s Red Meal Almond Meal)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 scoops mPower vanilla protein powder
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips, gluten-free and dairy-free (I use Dream Chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Use an electric mixer to blend all the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients, except for chocolate chips.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet a little bit at a time while using the electric mixer or blender.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour equal portions into a muffin pan…. preferably a silicone pan.
- Bake for ~ 10-14 minutes.
I love this pan, nothing ever sticks to it. So much easier to clean and you don’t really have to oil it up.
Hey, I have a NEW Playlist on YouTube full of Healthy Recipes, Healthy Cooking Tips, Strategies and more….. Go there now to “SUBSCRIBE” so you can get access to all my videos.
Here’s a great video on HOW TO LOSE BELLY FAT WITHOUT EXERCISE