Sometimes its hard to find a satisfying side dish or even snack.
But this new recipe is probably going to become your new go-to side dish and snack, because not only is it ridiculously easy to make but it is mouth watering good.
Plus it makes you feel so full and satisfied. Thats because AVOCADO’S are a good fat that by the way is like one of the healthiest foods in the planet. Thats why I use it a lot in my recipes.
You can find all my healthy recipes on My Pinterest Board, you have to try the Hearts of Palm Salad and the Quinoa Salad, OMG they are good and both on there.
It has over 25 essential nutrients.
Here are some health benefits of avocados:
- High in Monounsaturated fat (helps regulate blood sugar).
- High in Glutathione which is an antioxidant that helps fight diseases.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Helps control blood pressure and reduces heart problems.
- High in Vitamin B and Folic.
I personally absolutely love avocados. I can eat them everyday and in every meal and be the happiest girl in the world. So its not wonder when I saw a recipe like this, I tried to “FITNESSIFY” it. And once I did, I had it with my Roasted Chicken Balsamic from My Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipes Book, which by the way you can get INSTANTLY by getting the E-Book version right now.
I love getting messages from you guys on My Facebook Page about how you are cooking all my recipes, enjoying the book and feeding your families healthy and enjoyable meals. So keep on going there and letting me know, check this out.
So here it goes.
Baked Salsa Avocado
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 3–4 tbsp almond meal
- 1/2 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- S&P to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the almond meal, italian seasoning, garlic powder and lemon juice.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of salsa on each half and top with the almond meal mixture.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
What ideas do you have to stuff the avocados with?
I would love to know what you would like to put in it. Let me know right here in the COMMENTS or go to My Facebook Page and under this post, let me know. I love hearing from you guys and sharing recipes and ideas.