My husband doesn’t really like fish, so once a week I make him steak (which he loves), and I make fish for Nico and myself. I love fish, but its a bit boring just plain jane. My favorite way to eat fish is baked and with some sort of salsa on top.
Its so easy to make salsa’s and most of us normally have all the ingredients on hand.
Its great to switch it up from the normal chicken and turkey and have a night of fish. I have been giving Nico fish since he was a baby so he loves it. His favorite way to have it is with a little wholly guacamole and jasmine rice. He loves it!
Whenever I make salsa’s for fish, I always make a lot because I can use it to put on top of a salad or roasted veggies or even on top of chicken for a whole other meal. So when you make this, make extra!
This would be delicious with My Crunchy Quinoa Salad. The recipe is on My Pinterest Boards, so make sure to go there now and “FOLLOW ALL”. There’s tons of other healthy recipes for you to choose from and help you make a healthy and delicious meal plan for the entire week.
Remember, the trick to being consistent and getting great results is enjoying what you eat. There is no need to “diet”. You can still eat super healthy but tasty.
Ok, here is the recipe and for a LOW-CARB meal, you can pair this up with my Zesty Vegetable Skewers from My Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipes Book. There are over 300 healthy recipes for you to choose from in there.
Almond Breaded Tilapia With Pineapple-Avocado Salsa
- 4 fillets of tilapia or any white fish
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup almond meal (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 tbsp grill seasoning
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Hass avocado peeled, seeded and chopped (drizzle of lime juice)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 serrano or jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place mustard on one shallow plate and almond meal and grill seasoning mixed on another. Dredge the fish on the mustard on both sides and then "bread" with the almond mixture.
- Put on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until done.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the salsa ingredients.
- Fold well and spoon over fish when cooked.
This recipe is so versatile. You can use any fruit like mango, orange, peaches, nectarines, etc. You can use tomatoes or not or even sun-dried tomatoes. You can use parsley instead of cilantro, any kind of onions, etc. You can use this salsa for fish, chicken and even steak.
Its delicious, easy to make and super healthy. I would love to hear if you made it. And if you want to post a picture of your dish, I would love to see that too, so go on My Facebook Page to post. Share with us how you changed this around. I love to hear from you.
FREE MASTER TRAINING CLASS REVEALS
The 3 Secrets To Losing Weight, Keeping It Off,
& Toning Up
WITHOUT Doing Cardio or Dieting & Eating More Than Ever
And Working Out WAY Less Than You Think....
Enter your email here to get instant access!