I find that most of people’s problems are that they don’t EAT ENOUGH in an attempt to “Diet”.
Its that skewed mentality of I need to basically STARVE myself in order to lose weight.
But it’s actually quite the contrary. The more often you eat, the faster your metabolism will be which will make you more effective at BURNING CALORIES.
The thing is……. picking THERMIC FOODS or foods that cause your body to work hard to burn them (which burns tons of calories).
You should be eating:
- Mid-Morning Healthy Snack
- Mid-Afternoon Healthy Snack
- If you’re up more than 3 hours after dinner a Post-Dinner Healthy Snack
I know that it can be really hard to cook this many meals. But if you just make extra of whatever you make for dinner and one day a week you make snacks. You will be all set.
Another tip is enjoying what you eat.
If you eat the same BLAND & BORING meals every day, you will feel like you are “dieting”, and you will most likely fall off the wagon very soon. But if you make healthy meals that you enjoy and taste good and get excited about, you will actually look forward to eating healthy.
That’s why I created my book Eat To Be Fit (over 300 healthy & fit recipes). Being able to enjoy healthy eating has helped me, my clients and so many others get much better results. So try it.
You can even download my the E-Book Version of Eat To Be Fit right now and make a new and yummy healthy recipe for tonights dinner.
Anyhow, healthy snacks like these protein muffins is what helps me stay on track. You never want to go to many hours without eating and these are very portable, easy to make and they are DEEEELISH.
Here is the recipe, try them! I found this recipe on the Lemon Bowl website and I adapted it to make it healthier and more FIT-FRIENDLY.
Almond Berry Protein Muffins
Photo Graphics & Editing by NerdyGirlDesigns
- 2 cups almond meal (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (I use 365 from Whole Foods)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil (I use Spectrum from Whole Foods)
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 tsp coconut sugar or brown sugar for topping
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled freeze dried raspberries
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (I use BB3 Formula 1)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the juice of lemon, eggs, egg whites, agave, cooled coconut oil, and extract.
- Mix in the almond meal, baking soda, cinnamon and protein powder.
- Mix well and then fold in the berries.
- Pour into a muffin pan and sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar topping.
- Bake for ~25 minutes or until golden brown on top and done.
These protein muffins are high in protein and low in carbs as they are made with almond flour which is a healthy fat. And eating enough “healthy fats”, helps you BURN FAT.
And not only that but the healthy fat content in these muffins helps you feel fuller longer. They are incredibly delicious! You have to try them.
If you do, make sure to go to My Facebook Page and let me know what you thought. I love to hear from you guys!