As a busy mom, I love protein smoothies.
And my kids do also.
That is why I have an entire Board on Pinterest of Protein Shakes/Smoothies. If you haven’t checked it out, go there now and “FOLLOW” it. I also have Boards for Healthy Recipes, Tasty Healthy Snacks, Workouts, and more. To see them, click on My Pinterest Boards. One of my new favorites is the SKINNY VANILLA LATTE SHAKE, um, can we say to die for? You have to try it.
So far, one of my favorite strategies has been adding sliced almonds to the shakes. Its gives them a nutty crunch thats to die!
I love being able to enjoy eating healthy. Because if you can’t enjoy what you are eating, its really hard to stay on track and if you aren’t consistent with eating healthy its incredibly hard to see real changes.
I know that the meal planning, and cooking is the hardest for you because for years, it was for me too!
I know that its hard to figure out how to pair the right foods to make meals that will actually help you burn fat but that actually taste good so that the entire family can eat them as well.
I mean, what busy mom has time to make several meals for dinner?
Well, I made you a meal plan for the whole month.
No more not knowing what to make for dinner last minute.
No more having to order in or take out. (which hinders your weight loss)
You will have a meal plan for every day of the month.
Here if your CALENDAR MEAL PLAN for the month.
Ok, now back to smoothies and blueberries…
I felt like blueberries so thats what I came up with today. By the way did you know how good for you blueberries are?
Check this out:
Health Benefits of Blueberries:
- A Research Study In Michigan stated that Blueberries may aid in reducing Belly Fat.
- Neutralizes Free Radicals which can help reduce the aging process.
- The highest antioxidant capacity of all fresh fruits. High in Vitamin A, B complex, C and E.
Check out what this one fan said on My Facebook Page about my protein shakes. By the way, makes sure you check in to my Facebook Page daily to get all my healthy recipes and workouts. And I always answer back so make sure to ask me your questions and ask for your requests.
Having a protein shake immediately post workout will help your results so much, so make sure to have one within 5 minutes of your exercise.
There are a few things you can add to your post-workout shake that will help you lose more fat and be able to gain more muscle.
1. Glutamine: helps recovery, immune function, muscle gain and reduces inflammation in your digestive track so that you can burn fat more effectively.
2. Greens: these help reduce inflammation in your gut also so that you can burn fat more effectively. If you have inflammation in your gut because you don’t eat organic or because you have drank some alcohol or eaten out a lot, no matter what you do , it will be super hard to burn fat and lose weight.
It’s crazy but there is so much to your diet.
And most people get so frustrated with their results because they have been exercising but not seeing many changes.
The truth is that you get your biggest bang for your buck with your DIET. And little things like this, like having a protein shake within 5 minutes of your last rep can make a significant difference.
Which is why I teach so many of these little gold nuggets of information at a greater level inside my FIT MOM FOR LIFE PROGRAM.
Because its little things like this that most people don’t know that when you apply together, really make a difference.
Healthy Recipe For Blueberry Gone Nuts Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk plus water to desired consistency
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 frozen banana
- 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use PROGRADE)
- Blend all ingredients in blender except almonds, add them on top of the smoothie and drink.
If you want a NEW workout to try, here is a great UPPER BODY WORKOUT that I love to do and its super effective.
Try it once a week for the next few weeks, then make sure to change it up. Changing up your workouts is crucial to continuing to see results.
Did you know that if you don’t change up your workouts every 4 weeks, your body plateaus and you don’t see anymore results?
Yep, and then people wonder whey they workout and workout and don’t see results.
Thats why there are endless amounts of workouts inside of FIT MOM FOR LIFE, so you can literally never repeat a workout again.