Today, I want to share with you the some of the 5 best strength training exercises for pregnancy. Strength training is the best kind of workout that pregnant women can do. It helps strengthen the body which helps with pushing during labor. It also helps decrease aches and pains due to growing belly and weight shift changes, it helps you be in a better mood, it decreases chances of postpartum depression and helps you lose the postpartum pooch and recover your pre-pregnancy body way faster.
How is that for some benefits?
Not that cardio or pilates or Zumba or Barre aren’t beneficial, it’s just that after 20 years in the fitness industry and after working with thousands of women, I have seen the best results from Strength Training.
Which is why my pregnancy program, Fit Mom-To-Be is strength training based.
What I love about strength training is that it tones your body.
Little by little it starts to shrink your body and tone and sculpt. (even while you are pregnant).
I only did cardio for many years thinking that is what I needed to get in shape.
But I spent years doing 45 minutes a day with no real changes to my body.
It was so frustrating.
To be honest, I was a bit scared of the whole “Strength Training” thing.
I thought like most do, that it would “make me big”.
But one day I decided to invest in a personal trainer (I was 17), and he trained me with strength training and my body completely changed.
I finally had muscle tone.
I finally actually looked like I actually worked out.
I became the biggest fan of strength training then, and that is when I decided to get certified and become a personal trainer myself…… 20 years later, here we are. 🙂
When I got pregnant I was again in a bit of disbelief.
I mean, I knew exercise would be good for me, but could I really continue to get results?
Could I still tone my body even though I was pregnant?
The answer is absolutely!
I 100% saw muscle tone in my body while doing strength training.
That is actually how I started my Fit Mom To Be Workout Program.
People would always ask me what I was doing when pregnant to look like that and the answer was simple……. “STRENGTH TRAINING”.
The thing is that the strength training exercises for pregnancy have to be very carefully periodized.
- They have to change every 4 weeks so you don’t plateau.
- They have to be trimester specific-safe.
- They have to work the body in a balanced way.
And that is how I created my Fit Mom To Be Workout Program.
I want you to get encouraged at what you are capable of doing to your body and how good you can actually feel by hearing from other women just like you.
Check them out below…….
Success Stories of Strength Training Exercises For Pregnancy
I invite you to try this short workout with 5 really great strength training exercises for pregnancy to see how you do and feel.
I know its hard to start, but once you do, you feel so good after every workout and then you start seeing definition in your arms, and your legs shrink and tone….. all while pregnant.
It’s freakin’ amazing!
5 Best Strength Training Exercises For Pregnancy
And if you think you can commit 30-40 minutes a day 3 times a week to some strength workouts but you don’t know what to do or how to change them or what it safe, I would encourage you to join my community of FIT MOMMAS AND MOMMAS TO BE on a mission to be healthy, strong, fit and balanced.
Click here to join us and start your Fit Mom To Be Workouts.
Instructions for the 5 Best Strength Training Exercises for Pregnancy Workout
- Do 15-20 repetitions of each exercise in a circuit fashion.
- If the exercise has two sides to be done, do 15-20 repetitions PER SIDE.
- If you need to rest a little or catch your breath in between exercises, you may do that and then continue.
- At the end of the circuit, rest for abut 90 seconds and then start over.
- Complete 2-3 sets of this 5 -Exercise Circuit.
Curtsy Lunge & Press
Deadlift & Row
Dips with Hip Extensions
Lunge & Bicep Curl
Squat with Upright Rows
Check out this video on how you can actually tone up while pregnant, no matter where you are right now!
If you start my pregnancy workout program, I will see you inside the program.
I have lots of tips for you and I can’t wait for you to see all the videos of the exercises.
Send me YOUR BUMP PICTURES, would be great to compare with after you have your baby….
So you can see how fabulous you will look.
I would also love to feature you and your beautiful bump.
Send them to email@example.com
Click here to start theFit Mom-To-Be Workout Program so you can have a really good, safe and effective pregnancy workout plan that you can do for the rest of your pregnancy.
If you are struggling with what to eat and different options that are SAFE for the baby and won’t make you GAIN WEIGHT, you will totally enjoy and get great use of theMMF Pregnancy Diet Plan.
- Full Meal Plan for entire pregnancy (know exactly what nutrients you and baby need).
- Increase energy & decrease fatigue with the best food combinations.
- Easy Kid-Friendly Recipes that will save you time in the kitchen.
- Helps reduce cravings so you eat healthier and gain less weight.
- Yummy and comforting meals so you can still enjoy eating.
It’s not too late to SLOW DOWN & LESSEN your Pregnancy Weight Gain.
If you exercise, you will see a huge change.
Less weight gain, not as fast and you will feel tighter, more fit, more energetic and less fatigue.
If you don’t want to spend 6-24 months postpartum losing your “BABY WEIGHT”, invest a little time, energy and possibly resources into your health and fitness this pregnancy. It will be so worth it when you are back at your pre-pregnancy weight in less than 3 months and feeling like yourself again.
If you need guidance, support and a safe exercise plan, you will love my Fit Mom-To-Be Workout Program (tested by TENS OF THOUSANDS of pregnant women).
And you can do it for your entire pregnancy (its not just a 12 week program).
Here is what you can expect:
- Less Weight Gain
- Less Stretch Marks and Cellulite
- Faster Labor & Delivery
- Faster Postpartum Weight Loss
- More Energy
- Less Aches & Pains
- Less Chances of Gestational Diabetes
- Better Sleep
What You Get:
- Monthly workouts that change every 4 weeks (which delivers the best results).
- No gym is required (2 versions available: home and gym).
- Exercise Videos & Pictures of every single exercise.
- Can view, access and download on any smart phone, tablet or computer.
- Private Facebook Group for support, community and questions answered by Michelle Marie.
- Monthly pregnancy nutrition tips to help you throughout your pregnancy.
To start your pregnancy workouts, click here: Fit Mom-To-Be