There is all this controversy on whether its safe to do ab exercises during pregnancy. Truthfully, after going through 2 pregnancies myself and helping thousands of pregnant women for many years, I can confidently tell you that not only is it safe but its NECESSARY. So today, I want to share with you 2 safe pregnancy ab exercises that you can do right from home.
Working your core during pregnancy will really help you to not end up with a huge postpartum pooch for months or years after delivery.
Your muscles distend so much with pregnancy but if you work them properly and safely, you will see really amazing results and you will be able to lose your baby belly so much faster.
The only reason I was able to get results like this was because I exercised all through my pregnancy and I worked on my core. So it was much easier to get those muscles back in to place.
Wait, let me be completely honest!
DIET matters too.
If you exercise but you don’t follow a healthy diet during pregnancy, you still will gain a ton of weight, you will totally over stretch your body and end up with stretch marks, more cellulite and hard to lose belly.
So I hope that you will exercise, work your core and also eat healthy.
I followed my MMF Pregnancy Diet Plan which was easy to follow, yummy and enjoyable meals and I got great results so it didn’t feel hard.
Here are the 2 safe pregnancy ab exercises. I hope you try them and add them to your pregnancy workouts.
And if you do not know what to do and you feel intimidated by exercise during pregnancy or you’re scared or you just don’t know how to do it, that is why I created my Fit Mom-To-Be Workout Program. Because I saw so many of my friends, colleagues and clients suffer through pregnancy and not know what to do that I had to come up with a good plan they could follow safely and effectively.
I hope you are feeling encouraged and motivated to get started or maybe start something new.
2 Safe Pregnancy AB Exercises
- V-Sit Rotations
- Kneeling Plank Extensions
Here are some instructions on how to do them.
- Sit in a v-sit position and keep both feet on the floor.
- You can use your body weight or if you are up for it, you can grab a light weight or medicine ball.
- Rotate from the torso side to side in a very controlled fashion.
- Keep your chest up and your shoulders back.
- Try 10-20 per side.
Kneeling Plank Extensions
- Kneel in a quadruped position.
- Driving your belly in and taking a deep breath, extend one leg and opposite arm.
- Try to point your toe and extend your arm fully.
- Keep your head in line with your back, don’t look up or too far down, kneck should be neutral.
- Bring arm and leg in as if you want your elbow to touch your knee.
- Then extend again.
- Do 10-15 per side and switch sides.
Here is a video to show you how to do them properly
If you start my pregnancy workout program, I will see you inside the program.
I have lots of tips for you and I can’t wait for you to see all the videos of the exercises.
Send me YOUR BUMP PICTURES, would be great to compare with after you have your baby….
So you can see how fabulous you will look.
I would also love to feature you and your beautiful bump.
Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to start the Fit Mom-To-Be Workout Program.
If you are struggling with what to eat and different options that are SAFE for the baby and won’t make you GAIN WEIGHT, you will totally enjoy and get great use of the MMF Pregnancy Diet Plan.
- Full Meal Plan for entire pregnancy.
- Easy Recipes.
- Kid-Friendly Recipes.
- Helps reduce cravings.
- Yummy and comforting meals.