Breakfast is one of the most essential meals of the day, yet most people skip this meal.
Probably a whole MESS of reasons…….. no time, can’t stomach it, don’t know what to eat, getting kids ready.
None of these are reasons enough to skip the most essential meal of the day. I mean, you have been “fasting” for as many hours as you have been sleeping. Sometimes even more because a lot of people eat dinner early.
Skipping breakfast can SLOW METABOLISM which will not allow you to BURN CALORIES effectively and quickly. It can also allow your body to utilize your lean, toned muscle you work so hard for to use for fuel.
So, take my advise and eat breakfast. Plus, breakfast food is so yummy. Well, at least it my favorite meal of the day. I love to sit peacefully and enjoy a yummy and healthy breakfast. And with healthy recipes like this, if you make them ahead of time, will make your life a ton easier. I have Pinterest Boards full of healthy recipes that include dinners, snacks and breakfast recipes. And they are all healthy and fit. So check it out.
I mean, you can eat this in the car on the way to take your kids to school, on your way to work, while your getting your kids ready…….. Really, there is no excuse. If you can make recipes like this once a week, you will have plenty available for a quick, on-the-go and healthy breakfast… oh and YUMMY!
Seriously, breakfast really is this important that is why I dedicated an entire section of Healthy Breakfast Recipes in My Book Eat To Be Fit. Plus, they are all so yummy and easy to make. There are over 300 healthy recipes in there to help make your life easier, and leaner. So check it out.
And when all else fails, don’t skip breakfast. If you absolutely don’t have time to make this, there is ONE great and super healthy bar that I recommend. Its made of 100% NATURAL INGREDIENTS. And they are delicious. Its the amazing “Dale Bars”, and you can get them here: DALE BARS
Now, take a few minutes, literally, minutes and make this recipe and start enjoying a yummy and healthy breakfast.
Healthy BananaBread Protein Bars
- 2/3 cups oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Prograde)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 freeze dried bananas, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp chia seeds (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3 tbsp gluten & dairy free chocolate chips (I use Dream) (OPTIONAL)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2-4 tbsp agave nectar or coconut sugar or brown sugar (depending on sweetness)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 8×8 square pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the bananas, almond butter, agave or sugar and vanilla extract.
- Then add cinnamon, oats, almond flour, protein powder and mix well.
- If you need to, add a tablespoon or more of applesauce to loosen the mixture.
- Fold in the walnuts, chia seeds, freeze dried bananas and chocolate chips if using.
- Mix well and pour the batter into the lined pan and with a spoon, make sure it is even.
- Bake for ~ 25 minutes or until done. Let it cool before serving.
I’m telling you, this is delicious, and super easy to make. You can even double it up and make in a larger pan and use it for breakfast and snacks. Just pack up a piece in a ziplock bag and throw it in your bag.
And hey, your kids may love this too! My 3 year old does. So take the time, and try this, its so worth it.
And before you go, check out My YouTube Channel, I have tons of healthy recipes, and healthy cooking strategies in there to help make your life easier and healthier.