Do you like those Stir Fry places?
I actually like the concept and the type of food, I just don’t like all the grease they add to the meal, so I’d rather make it myself. It’s great because its basically a protein, brown rice and veggies. So its a very thermic meal (burns a lot of calories).
So I thought I would re-create one for you. But the sauces are normally so oily, high in sugar and fat. So, I did some research and found some great ones online and adapted them to come up with this healthy version of a sauce.
I think you and your family will love this. And its very versatile. I am using shrimp, put you can use chicken, turkey, steak or fish. And you can really add whatever veggies you want.
And I have a great Broccoli Recipe to go with this meal. Its the yummiest and easiest broccoli I’ve ever made. You can find that recipe on My Pinterest Board, as well as tons others so make sure you click “Follow All” when you get there.
I have some really great, healthy and easy recipes like this in my book Eat To Be Fit. There are over 300 healthy recipes in it. Remember that enjoying what you eat helps you stick to your “diet” more and helps you get better results. There is no need to starve, or eat bland and boring food to get amazing results. So start getting in the kitchen my friend and you will see how much easier it is to eat healthy when you actually enjoy it!
Shrimp & Edamame Brown Rice Bowl
- 2 lbs Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups of brown rice cooked
- 1 cup of edamame, shelled
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup Coconut Amino’s or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar or 1 packet of stevia
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- In a large pot of boiling water, boil the shrimp with 1 tbsp of rice vinegar until cooked (about 2-3 minutes).
- When done, drain and mix into the brown rice with the edamame and cilantro.
- In a bowl, mix the sauce ingredients.
- Pour into the shrimp-rice mixture and fold well.
I think you will love this recipe and you can play around with it. If you make it, go to My Facebook Page and post a picture, and let me know what yo thought and what you did to add to it.