I love making recipes like this because when people try them, they can’t believe that vegetables can taste so good.
Making veggies is a bit of a pain, I know. That’s why I make them just twice a week, but I make a bunch that way it lasts me all week.
Remember, that eating veggies in not only full of vitamins and nutrients but it also helps you BURN CALORIES.
So eat up those veggies my friend!
And check out these health benefits for this awesome vegetable.
Health Benefits of Yellow Summer Squash:
- High in Vitamin A, C and Magnesium.
- High in Folate, Riboflavin and Phosphorus.
- High in Fiber.
- Low in Calories.
This recipe is so yummy and so easy to make. You can also try this same recipe or strategy with zucchini and eggplant.
This was so good, I was eating it with my hands from the baking sheet.
This would be so delicious with my Pomodoro On-Pot Chicken Recipe. Now thats one yummy and healthy meal. You can get that recipe and tons other healthy recipes on My Pinterest Boards. Make sure to “Follow All” so you don’t miss any of my recipes or workouts.
Ohhhh……. you know what I just remembered?
My Eggplant with Goat Cheese Recipe from my Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipes Book. Wow, even non-eggplant eater usually like this and its very similar cooking strategy to this one. YUMO!
Ok, enough about other yummy veggies, here is the recipe. And if you like, it please SHARE it, click on one of the social media share buttons up top. Thanks for spreading the LOVE! I appreciate YOU!
Roasted Summer Squash
Photo Graphics by NerdyGirlDesigns
- 3 yellow summer squash, sliced into thin rounds
- 3 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- s&p to taste
- drizzle EVOO
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- optional: toasted pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the squash rounds on a foil lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle s&p and thyme all over them.
- Drizzle a little EVOO on them and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Take them out and sprinkle with cheese and if you want pine nuts and place in the oven for approximately 5 more minutes.
Seriously, you won’t believe how delicious this recipe is. I’m telling you, I was doing the Happy Dance while eating them with my hands. YES, I dance when I really like something or when I’m cooking. Actually, I always dance when I eat and cook! I know, such a dork!
Anyhow, what vegetables does your family like?
I’d love to share some recipes here or on My Facebook Page so please let share some ideas.
If you make this, FB me a picture!!