The best kind of workout that you can do while pregnant is resistance based workouts…… weight training or weight lifting, but combined with cardio is the best formula for staying on track to a healthy and fit pregnancy with just the right amount of weight gain.
There are many reasons why resistance workouts are best:
- Gain lean muscle (the more muscle you have the more fat you can burn).
- Gain lean muscle (speeds metabolism, helps you burn calories faster).
- Makes you stronger (less pregnancy induced aches and pains).
- Makes you stronger (helps ease and quicken labor and delivery).
- Helps you look better (lean muscle makes you look toned and sculpted).
- Resistance workouts works the core a lot (way better chances of not getting pooch or way smaller).
- Will help you lose your baby weight much faster postpartum because of the muscle.
FREE 2-Week Pregnancy Diet Book
Discover what you should be eating to benefit YOUR BABY & SLOW & control your weight gain.
Easy to follow pregnancy specific meal plans, shopping lists, recipe cards and more.
Resistance based workouts are what I did in both my pregnancies 3 times a week.
Which is why I made my Fit Mom To Be Workout Program resistance based.
The results are just so good.
It’s crazy to believe, but you really can tone your body while pregnant but the only way is through resistance based workouts.
Cardio alone won’t do it.
So my hope is that you will do a little of both.
I did both during my pregnancies.
Cardio is also very beneficial.
But here is the rule of thumb.
If you have an option or you’re short on time and you have to choose between resistance workout, yoga, pilates, or cardio…… Pick a resistance workout every time!
I probably did 2-3 cardio workouts per week but only for about 20 minutes.
I love doing HIIT workouts.
They burn more calories in a short amount of time and you can still tone the body by doing resistance based movements.
I still do them to this day at home when I can’t get out because of the kids.
I get great workouts in and they are even more beneficial than getting on some cardio machine.
Today, I want to share with you a great prenatal cardio workout you can do at home because I see in my Fit Mom To Be Private FB Group that the girls are always asking for more cardio ideas they can do at home.
I know for myself that a lot of times if I wasn’t able to workout at home, I didn’t get a workout in. #momlife
So I did a lot of these types of prenatal cardio workouts.
This one works the core too (in a safe way).
I hope you will give it a try.
If you are currently doing my Fit Mom To Be Program, you can totally do this on an off workout day.
It’s a good one.
If you are not doing the Fit Mom To Be Program, maybe now is a good time to make an investment in you and join us if you are concerned about your weight gain or not feeling good about yourself.
Prenatal Cardio Home Workout
- Side Plank with hip lifts
- Butt Kickers
- Incline Leg Raises
- Lateral Shuffles
- Running in place
Do each exercise for 30-60 seconds and do them in a circuit fashion with as little rest as you can but make sure to recover your heart rate.
Make sure to go at your own pace and don’t push yourself to exhaustion.
So important, especially when you do cardio.
On workout days, drink more than half your body weight in lbs in ounces. So if you weigh 200 lbs you should normally drink 100 oz of water but on workout days maybe 125-150 oz.
This will help you with water retention also 🙂
Prenatal Cardio Home Workout Video Demo
If you start my pregnancy workout program, I will see you inside the program.
I have lots of tips for you and I can’t wait for you to see all the videos of the exercises.
Send me YOUR BUMP PICTURES, would be great to compare with after you have your baby….
So you can see how fabulous you will look.
I would also love to feature you and your beautiful bump.
Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to start theFit Mom-To-Be Workout Program so you can have a really good, safe and effective pregnancy workout plan that you can do for the rest of your pregnancy.
If you are struggling with what to eat and different options that are SAFE for the baby and won’t make you GAIN WEIGHT, you will totally enjoy and get great use of theMMF Pregnancy Diet Plan.
- Full Meal Plan for entire pregnancy (know exactly what nutrients you and baby need).
- Increase energy & decrease fatigue with the best food combinations.
- Easy Kid-Friendly Recipes that will save you time in the kitchen.
- Helps reduce cravings so you eat healthier and gain less weight.
- Yummy and comforting meals so you can still enjoy eating.
It’s not too late to SLOW DOWN & LESSEN your Pregnancy Weight Gain.
If you exercise, you will see a huge change.
Less weight gain, not as fast and you will feel tighter, more fit, more energetic and less fatigue.
If you don’t want to spend 6-24 months postpartum losing your “BABY WEIGHT”, invest a little time, energy and possibly resources into your health and fitness this pregnancy. It will be so worth it when you are back at your pre-pregnancy weight in less than 3 months and feeling like yourself again.
If you need guidance, support and a safe exercise plan, you will love my Fit Mom-To-Be Workout Program (tested by TENS OF THOUSANDS of pregnant women).
And you can do it for your entire pregnancy (its not just a 12 week program).
Here is what you can expect:
- Less Weight Gain
- Less Stretch Marks and Cellulite
- Faster Labor & Delivery
- Faster Postpartum Weight Loss
- More Energy
- Less Aches & Pains
- Less Chances of Gestational Diabetes
- Better Sleep
What You Get:
- Monthly workouts that change every 4 weeks (which delivers the best results).
- No gym is required (2 versions available: home and gym).
- Exercise Videos & Pictures of every single exercise.
- Can view, access and download on any smart phone, tablet or computer.
- Private Facebook Group for support, community and questions answered by Michelle Marie.
- Monthly pregnancy nutrition tips to help you throughout your pregnancy.
To start your pregnancy workouts, click here: Fit Mom-To-Be