Most people don’t have breakfast because “they don’t have time”.
I get it……. You are trying to get the kids out the door, feed them, remind them to take their homework, while cleaning up the kitchen, getting yourself ready and taking orders and reminders from your hubby.
But let me tell how bad it is to not have breakfast, especially if you exercise in the morning.
You have not eaten anything since 7pm last night (fasting). Your body is in starvation mode which means, if you don’t feed it and feed it right away, it will start utilizing your PRECIOUS MUSCLE as energy. I know, it sucks. And most say, well I have tons of fat that my body can use for energy. Well, it doesn’t work that way…… unfortunately! Or else we would all be ripped.
So it is imperative that you eat a healthy breakfast as soon as you wake up.
If you don’t have time to eat breakfast right away, then at least have a protein shake like PROGRADE, and after you drop the kids off at school or you have more time, then you can have breakfast.
And even if then you are in a rush, that is where you need great healthy recipes like this one that you can grab on the go. These oatmeal bars are delicious, super easy to make and you can make them over the weekend when you have more time and just enjoy them throughout the week. They are also a great healthy snack.
I have tons of healthy and easy breakfast and snack recipes in My Book Eat To Be Fit. There are over 300 healthy recipes in there to help you be fit and fabulous. And I bet even your kids will like them.
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring. Check out My Pinterest Boards so that you can see by all the yummy and healthy recipes on there that eating healthy is actually quite enjoyable. You will love all the recipe ideas.
Ok, enjoy these yummy and healthy Oatmeal Strawberry Bars.
Oatmeal Strawberry Bars
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal (Bobs Red Mill Gluten-Free)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup almond meal (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups Almond, Cashew, Chia Milk (DREAM), or any non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or any sweetener to taste
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup freeze dried strawberries or whatever flavors you want (shredded coconut, chocolate chips, fresh berries, walnuts, almonds, freeze dried bananas, berries, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, mash and mix the banana, extract, almond butter, milk and agave.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the strawberries or whatever flavors you want.
- Pour into a lightly greased (coconut oil) 8 inch square pan and bake for ~35 minutes.
Make the time to try recipes like this. It will save you time and you will see how you start enjoying eating healthy. Oh, and most importantly, you will get much better RESULTS.
So hey, if you try these, I would love to hear about it. Go to My Facebook Page and post a picture of them and let me know what you thought.