You know me, I love me some chocolate chip cookies, well, actually, anything chocolate chip. And how awesome that with such great ingredients these days, we can make any snack gluten-free and dairy-free, both ingredients that are inflammatory for digestion.
So I am always looking to find and reinvent healthy recipes for indulgences that will satisfy my craving without the calories, fat and guilt. This recipe for this healthy and yummy snack is so good you really won’t believe how clean it is. And I thought my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies were the best, but these beat them. If you missed that recipe, you can get it on My Pinterest Board. Actually, all my healthy recipes are on there.
By the way, thanks to all my readers who are going on My Facebook Page and commenting on the recipes. I’m glad you are loving all of them and its good to hear that you are actually making them. Check out what this Fan had to say about some of my protein cookies.
I made this last week in about 5 minutes (prep, and 15 minutes in oven) while my hubby got ready for his softball game. I took them there to watch him and enjoyed a healthy snack that was super yummy.
One of the ingredients I’m using is Almond Meal, I love this product and its great to bake with when you are trying to omit carbohydrates. Check out some of the health benefits of it.
You know what else you can use almond meal in? In my Banana Protein Bread from My Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipes Book. Instead of the whole-wheat flour,use almond meal and you can also sub maple extract for the little bit of sugar free maple syrup. Oh its so yum!!!
Health Benefits of Almond Meal
- High in monounsaturated fat which helps reduce risk of heart disease.
- Helps lower bad cholesterol.
- Helps decrease after-meal rises in blood sugar.
- High in Vitamin E and Magnesium.
I found this recipe on cookingquinoa.net and adjusted it to be healthier , easier and tastier.
Flourless Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use BB3 Formula 1)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal combined with 6 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup + more applesauce
- 4 Stevia packets
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp dairy free and gluten free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix the protein powder, quinoa flakes, almond meal, baking soda and stevia.
- In a separate bowl mix the almond butter and applesauce with the extract.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well.
- Add more applesauce as needed in order to reach cookie dough consistency.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and place then on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.