‘Tis the season for PUMPKIN!
I love the fall. I just love all the fall flavors and color, weather, fashion and comfort food. I love everything about it.
And I usually get in a very pumpkin mood. So far we have barely started the fall and I have already made a bunch of healthy pumpkin snacks and recipes. Pumpkin Chili (which is on My YouTube Channel), Pumpkin Protein Cookies (which is on My Pinterest Board), I have enjoyed a few Pumpkin Latte’s and now a delicious and crazy easy to make Healthy Pumpkin Bread.
This is my second attempt at “bread”. I also love my Banana Protein Bread from My Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipes Book, which by the way, you can get the E-Book Version (IMMEDIATELY). They are both great for breakfast or for a healthy snack. And by the way, the kids love both of these. Nicholas pretty much loves all the recipes in Eat To Be Fit and hey if a toddler likes them then you should love them LOL.
And not only is Pumpkin DEELISH, its also good for you, check out just a few of the health benefits.
Health Benefits Of Pumpkin
- High in Vitamin A (good for eye sight)
- High in Fiber (makes you fill full longer)
- High in antioxidant Beta-Carotene (helps fight cancer)
- High in Tryptophan (an amino acid that while it helps us get sleepy it also helps increase Serotonin (the feel good hormone).
Ok, if you are not convinced to try Pumpkin this season, you are crazy my friend. Here is the recipe! And if you try it, please go to My Facebook Page and let me know what you thought and don’t miss the rest of the Healthy Recipes and Workouts on there!
Gluten-Free Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 8 Stevia Packets
- 1 1/2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I use BB3 Formula 1)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- In a big bowl, mix the dry ingredients with the spices and Stevia, then add the eggs and pumpkin puree.
- Place mixture in a loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Hey, what is your favorite dessert or cookie or snack that you would like me to revamp and make healthy? Go to My Facebook Page and let me know!