Most people “mess up” their “diets” in the mid afternoon.
Usually because they had an early lunch and since they are “dieting” or trying to “lose weight”, they are trying to hold off as long as possible and try to make it straight through until dinner…. in order to not “consume more calories”.
Well, my friends, that is a huge mistake!
Not only are you SLOWING METABOLISM and your ability to burn calories because so much time goes by without eating. But when too many hours go by without eating, you have LOW BLOOD SUGAR.
What this means is that the body is saying….. “give me sugar and give it to me now so that I can sustain life”. At that point it is nearly impossible to fight the craving. And most of the time, people give in to the “sugar”.
But this could be prevented if you have a snack or meal every 2-4 hours. You just don’t want to allow yourself to get hungry, because that is when you will fail.
Also, a lot of “moms”fail in the afternoons when the kids are having their snacks. That’s because they start eating all the “junk food” that the kids are eating.
So let me tell you how to solve this problem……
Between 3-4 pm when the kids usually have their snacks after school and also a few hours after lunch, sit down with the kids or not and have a healthy snack. Of course, you need to have them prepared in advance because if you don’t, you will just be starving and end up bingeing on junk.
That is why I wrote My Healthy Recipes Book Eat To Be Fit, it is packed with over 300 Healthy Recipes for healthy snacks, proteins, healthy carbs, breakfast dishes, and more. I want to be able to give you tons of options that are yummy and healthy to choose from.
Recipes like this gluten-free cookie recipe that is absolutely delicious. I found this recipe on www.cavegirlcuisine.net and I modified it a little to make it a bit healthier and yummier. So check it out.
Gluten-Free Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup almond meal (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1.5 cup coconut flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp Agave Nectar or Stevia to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla or coconut extract (if using coconut, use 1/4 tsp)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce ( 1-2 tbsp more if adding protein powder)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp dairy and gluten free chocolate chips
- (Optional) 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Prograde)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix the eggs, applesauce, agave or stevia, extract and mix well.
- Fold in the 2 flours, cinnamon and baking powder and mix well.
- Fold in the shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- Spoon on to a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for ~10-14 minutes or until done.
These gluten free cookies are amazing, so easy to make and delicious. You can have these as a mid afternoon snack with a cup of coffee or tea and feel completely satisfied and keep your metabolism revved up.
There’s tons more healthy cookie, muffins, pancakes and all kinds of yummy and healthy recipes organized for you on My Pinterest Boards, so make sure to go there now and check it out. Make sure to click “Follow All” so that you can have access to them.
And in the meantime, if you make these or any of my recipes, please go to My Facebook Page and post a picture or a comment. I love to hear from you guys. And feel free to play around with this recipe and add whatever other flavors you would like.
Check out this great Legs & Core workout!