Exercise Rules During Pregnancy
The number one advise I give to pregnant women is…………….. EXERCISE.
I mean, it positively affects you in every single way.
- It helps you sleep better.
- It decreases fatigue.
- It gives you less aches and pains.
- It helps you be more comfortable.
- It puts you in a better mood.
- It gives you energy.
- It increases your confidence and helps you feel better about your growing body LOL.
- It prevents you from gaining excess weight.
- It helps the baby.
- It helps you have a faster and easier delivery.
- It helps you lose the “BABY WEIGHT” faster.
- It decreases your chances of ending up with a postpartum pooch that you can’t lose.
- It decreases the chances of gestational diabetes.
What more do you want?
This is the reason I spend so much time blogging and creating new content for pregnant women. Because I know the difference exercise during pregnancy makes. I experienced it first hand 2 times. I had 2 amazing pregnancies. I only gained 20 lbs during each one and I lost all my baby weight plus more and within 3 weeks. I also ended up after baby #2 with ABS……
I don’t say this to brag because though I was in good shape before, I didn’t have ABS, at least not like this….. Not even close. But this is a testament that you are not a victim of your pregnancy. You don’t have to worry about never getting your body back. You can have an even better body after pregnancy like I did and like so many of my prego’s do.
I work with thousands upon thousands of pregnant women who do my Fit Mom-To-Be Workouts and they get very similar results.
Pretty amazing huh?
You can totally do this too!
Look at how cool this is….
This has to be motivation for you to start exercising right?
I mean, its not just good for you, it’s good for your baby too 🙂
This is why I flood My Pinterest Boards with helpful information for Pregnant Women. This is why I created my Fit Mom-to-Be Program. So that pregnant women have a safe and effective plan to help them through their pregnancy.
That and the fact that I have been through 2 pregnancies and exercise was what got me through them. And not just that……. I actually enjoyed and loved being pregnant.
And I can tell you something………….
There was a point in during my 2nd pregnancy that I was forbidden from exercise because I was on bed rest with Placenta Previa. And I felt horrible those 3-4 months. When I was able to exercise again, I felt like a different human being. So much better. So I really do know the difference between exercise and no exercise during pregnancy.
But it wouldn’t be fair if I told you I got these kind of results by just exercise, because I didn’t.
I also ate healthy! I, by no means “dieted”, but I did make healthy choices as much as possible. I combined the right types of foods, made sure to eat enough but not for 2, which by the way, you have to read up on what I have to say about EATING FOR 2 because I gave you some really great tips there too.
I was always prepared! I always took healthy snacks with me when I left my house. I made sure I was never in a situation where I was hungry because that is when I would either over eat or feel sick.
If you are feeling sick, I wrote a great blog post on Getting Rid of Morning Sickness. I have actually helped hundreds and hundreds of my clients who do My Fit Mom-To-Be Workouts get rid of morning sickness with this tip. So if you are experiencing morning sickness, check this out!
Anyhow, its frustrating to me that the doctors don’t educate pregnant women on the huge role food and nutrition plays on their body and their baby. Aside from giving us a list of what we can’t eat and weighing us in every month, thats about all we get.
No wonder why most women end up gaining a ton of weight, feeling achy and uncomfortable all pregnancy and then can never lose the baby weight. No wonder pregnancy has such a bad rep! And its actually the most amazing experience ever and the most precious gift that God gives us women.
I just wish that Women were educated on exercise and nutrition so that they could enjoy the beauty of pregnancy.
So here is what I’m going to do for you. I’m going to give you a NUTRITION GUIDE with exactly what to eat, all the RECIPES, good SNACK OPTIONS, etc. So that you can get an idea of how you should be eating during your pregnancy so that you can be healthy, be creating the best possible environment for your baby, and so that you don’t gain EXCESS WEIGHT so that you are not super uncomfortable all during pregnancy and feeling huge and self conscious. And so that you can lose all your baby rather fast postpartum.
I made this 2-Week Nutrition Guide to give away for FREE to all my pregos because I work with so many in my Fit Mom-To-Be Workout Program that always have so many NUTRITION questions. So, I figured I would make this in an easy to read, print and follow way to help you take the guesses out of how to eat optimally during your pregnancy.
If you follow it and you EXERCISE, you will not just have a great pregnancy but you will feel CONFIDENT, RADIENT, GLOWING. You won’t be uncomfortable and have aches and pains because you’ve gained so much weight. You will have an easier labor and delivery. You will sleep better, have more energy. And you will seriously decrease your chances of falling into POSTPARTUM DEPRESSION.
I also wanted to give you some EXERCISE RULES for you to maybe feel more comfortable working out.
I know that a lot of pregnant women don’t exercise because they are not sure what is safe and what they can and can not do and how to change their workouts every few weeks to be able to continue to see good results. I know it can be intimidating and I know that during this time we are trying to save and can’t afford a personal trainer which is another reason why I created the Fit Mom-To-Be Workouts, to give pregnant women the opportunity to still be able to get the benefits of exercise without it being costly like hiring a personal trainer but with all the benefits 🙂
I promise, if you exercise, you will have a much better pregnancy You will be able to enjoy the true beauty of it because you won’t feel sick, you won’t feel fatigues, you won’t feel huge and self conscious because you will be gaining the appropriate amount of weight and you well be confident. I only gained 20 lbs during both my pregnancies thanks to exercise during pregnancy. Can you believe that I actually also did my own Fit Mom-To-Be Workouts. Yep, that’s why I’m such a huge advocate because not only do I see the results in others but I experienced it myself ….. and 2 times, so it wasn’t just luck:)
Here is a PREGNANCY WORKOUT for you to try after you get these “Pregnancy Exercise Rules”.
Pregnancy Exercise Rules
1. Get Clearance from your OB: Make sure that your doctor gives you clearance to workout. Usually they tell you that you can exercise as long as you are doing something you were doing pre-pregnancy. For example: if you were not doing Pilates before getting pregnant, you can’t do Pilates now. But first, check with your OB.
2. Always Warm-Up: Its incredibly important to warm up your heart, your muscles, and prepare your body to increase work load. Remember that during pregnancy you release a hormone called Relaxin, that causes your joint and ligaments to become more lax. This could increase your chances of injury if you are not careful. Do a proper warm up. Whether that is on a cardio machine or even just doing the same exercises you are doing but with lighter weight.
3. Hydrate: You must increase your water intake during and after your workouts. Your body temperature is already increased and during exercise even more. Dehydration can be detrimental to you and baby. Drink plenty water.
4. Make sure to eat a good meal with Healthy Carbs and Protein before your workout. Here is some great information on that. Foods To Eat During Pregnancy
5. Go at your own pace but feel free to have an intense workout. It’s important to listen to your body as to what intensity to work at. But don’t be afraid to have a great workout just because you are pregnant. You are pregnant not handicapped. I trained super intense during my pregnancy but I had also been working out for years prior. This is what my pregnant girls love about Fit Mom-To-Be Workouts, knowing that they have a safe and effective plan that they can modify their intensity to.
6. Do not do exercises lying on your back with weight over your head.
7. Do not do exercises with barbells or dumbbells over your back or spine.
8. Do not do exercises where you are in a stretched position. This increases your chances of Diastisis Recti.
9. Get proper rest in between sets.
10. Cool down properly.
11. Have a post workout meal IMMEDIATELY after the workout to prevent nausea, dizziness, and to prevent muscle loss. More on that here: Post Workout Meals during Pregnancy.
Ok, I hope you are motivated to WORKOUT during your PREGNANCY.
Here is a good one to try: Pregnancy Home Workout
I post tons of pregnancy info both for health and fitness and also fun stuff like maternity picture ideas, pregnancy fashion tips, baby tips, nursing tips and so much more on My Pinterest Page. It’s actually a ton of fun to go through it. So go there now and hit FOLLOW ALL so you can have access to it and make sure to bookmark the page so you can easily find it when you want to read up on more pregnancy stuff.
I also have a Facebook Page that I recently opened just for my Pregnant Ladies. A place where I post pregnancy tips, workouts, recipes and much more. I also hang out there all the time answering questions and just connecting with my pregos. So head over there also and LIKE the page so we can stay connected during your pregnancy.
I promise, it is soooo worth the time, effort, finances, everything to exercise during your pregnancy. So I hope you are now motivated to do so!
When you push that baby out in just a few hours after having a super healthy and confident and fit pregnancy. You will lose all your baby weight in weeks and be super happy.
Now, lets get moving sister!
If you don’t know where to start, don’t you worry, I would be happy to coach you through your pregnancy with Fit Mom-To-Be Workouts.