Ok, so last week I gave you a non-chocolate healthy recipe, and that’s enough for now LOL.
I know I sound like a crazy person talking about chocolate, especially being a Health & Fitness Fanatic!
But the reality is…… I love chocolate!
And the truth is you can still be Fit & Fabulous and enjoy things like chocolate if you try some healthy recipes like this. I can’t tell you how much cleaner and better my clients and MYSELF eat when we can enjoy things like these amazing scones.
They are delicious and they are good for you! There is nothing bad in them.
I promise you, if you start pre-making these once a week and have them readily available, you will end up eating so much healthier.
I’ve told you before, even on the weekends when I used to feel like I needed something “Sweet” or “Chocolaty” after a super healthy and clean week I eat HEALTHY! Because when I do get the urge for something sweet, I just bust out one of these Chocolate Chip Protein Scones or some Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies (you can find a ton of healthy snack recipes on My Pinterest Boards), and I am more than SATISFIED.
So, I’m telling you, invest the time into making some of these healthy snack recipes. I promise it will pay off!
I made these on Sunday night while my boys watched T.V. Its a great time to prep for the week. I also took out My Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipes Book (over 300 healthy recipes), and made a meal plan for the whole week, with shopping list and all. I’m making one of my favorite chicken recipes…… Raspberry Balsamic Chicken!
Now I’m really ready for the week. This decreases my chances of falling off the wagon, big time!
Here is the recipe, promise me that you will make them!!!
Double Chocolate Chip Protein Scones
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use BB3 Formula 1)
- 3 cups almond meal (I use Bobs Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 7 Stevia packets
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp or more of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix the almond meal, baking soda, Stevia and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix he eggs, apple sauce and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and almonds.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, spoon ice cream scoops onto it about an inch apart and gently flatten them on the top with wet hands.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
So, did you ever think that you could enjoy a scone without the GUILT!
I LOVE being able to show you that you can!
I hope you try them and come back and let me know what you think!