Diet For Pregnant Women
Wondering what to eat during your pregnancy so that you don’t end up gaining a ton of weight and then miserable postpartum because you can’t lose your “baby weight”?
It’s unbelievable that the doctors don’t spend more time educating pregnant women on diet during pregnancy. Especially since it affects both you and the baby so much. Actually, pretty much everything you do and and don’t do affects the baby.
Can you believe that even exercise affects your baby?
Check this out…..
I have been working with pregnant women on a daily basis for many years in my Fit Mom-To-Be Workouts. And I can’t tell you enough how much they talk about how much better their pregnancies are when they exercise and eat healthy. A lot of them are on their second and third pregnancies so they have other pregnancies to compare to.
I can tell you for myself what eating healthy and exercising did for me in both my pregnancies. I had 2 really amazing pregnancies. I felt great, had energy, only gained 20 lbs in each and lost all my baby weight in less than a month. Now, during my second pregnancy I had placenta previa and a fractured toe so I did have some complications and was on bed rest for a few months. And I can tell you from experience, how much worse I felt those months that I couldn’t exercise. I had more aches and pain, unbelievably, I was more tired, crankier…… I felt like a different person when I was able to exercise again.
Check this out……..
Pretty amazing right?
That is what exercise and eating healthy does.
My OB told me that if I exercised and ate healthy, my labor would be 50% easier and faster.
He was so right. My first was 4 hours and second 2 hours. So awesome! It was so worth investing time into exercise and making healthy choices during pregnancy.
These are my postpartum pictures.
So that is why I want to give you some guidelines to follow and some tips to help you make healthier choices when you are pregnant. I don’t want you to diet by any means but if you can have some guidelines and tips to making eating healthy easier, would you do it?
So first I want to give you a sample 2-week meal plan that you can follow. This will make your life so much easier. I literally walk you through 2 weeks of breakfast, lunch, dinner recipes and ideas as well as 2 snacks per day and tons of swap out options to play around with. I give you shopping lists, recipes to help make your life easier.
If you follow this, you will be fueling your baby properly and helping create the best possible environment for him/her as well as fueling your body so that you can have energy and feel good.
I followed it myself during both my pregnancies and not only did it help me feel great during both my pregnancies but they also helped me NOT gain excess weight so that I could lose the baby weight fast. And I did, in less than a month and I then was able to get in the best shape of my life. Well, that and I also did my Fit Mom-To-Be Workouts. I exercised 3-4 times a week during both my pregnancies. I wouldn’t change a thing, I really think its why I had such great pregnancies and why all of the moms that do My Fit Mom-To-Be Workouts do too. It really makes all the difference in the world.
Click here to get a FREE copy of my 2-Week Pregnancy Nutrition Guide. You will love all the recipes and meals, and you have tons of swap out options for snacks. It will help you prevent excess weight gain so that you can lose your “Baby Weight” fast as well as help you stay energized and fuel your baby with the right nutrients.
I think you will really enjoy it.
Get it here: Pregnancy Nutrition Guide.
Now, I want to give you some guidelines and tips for your pregnancy diet.
First of all, I’m saying “diet” because that is the term most of you ladies use, but it really isn’t a diet. It’s just a healthy way of eating. It’s making good choices, being prepared, and providing your baby and body with the right nutrients. But don’t think for a minute that you have to “diet”.
Diet For Pregnant Women Guidelines & Tips
1. Make sure to not eat any of the Foods To Avoid During Pregnancy.
2. Eat a small meal comprised of lean protein, healthy carbs, vegetables and healthy fats every 2-3 hours.
3. Don’t let yourself get hungry (eat before you get hungry).
4. Plan and Prep meals and snacks so that you are always prepared.
5. When you indulge in “not so healthy foods”, do so moderately.
6. Drink a ton of water.
7. Take your prenatal supplements religiously.
Let me explain each one a little.
1. Here is the link to the Foods To Avoid During Pregnancy. These are critical for you to look over, print out and keep in your kitchen or purse or both. These are foods that you do not even
want to touch, they are harmful for you and the baby.
2. Here are some examples of each.
Protein: egg whites, chicken, turkey, lean steak, fish.
Healthy Carbs: oatmeal, millet, quinoa, sweet potato, brown or jasmine rice, beans, lentils, kidney and black beans, etc.
Vegetables: Any vegetable, especially green ones.
Healthy Fats: avocado, coconut oil, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, avocado/walnut/sunflower oils, almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, cashews, pecans, almond/cashew/sun butters, etc.
3. When you allow yourself to get hungry, you will end up feeling sick. This is usually the root of morning sickness. (If you are having morning sickness, see how to get rid of it here.) If you always pack up a snack and take it with you no matter where you go or how long you will go for, you will be good. Get in the habit of leaving the house with a few healthy snacks in your bag with you. Here are a few ideas for snacks during pregnancy.
4. Take one day of the week and bake a few healthy snacks that you can keep in your fridge at all times so that when you are on the go, you can just grab and go. Also, stock up on some easy non cook or bake foods that you can also just throw in your bag when you go to work or run errands, etc. I love Dale’s Protein Bars, they are 100% safe to have during pregnancy. Here are some yummy ones you can bake yourself (they are easy).
Also, when you make dinners, make extra servings so you can have that for lunch that way lunch is always ready and you will never have to wait…. Just 60 seconds to warm up.
5. It’s ok to have some indulgences. It’s ok to have some ice cream, or cookies, or pizza or your favorite pasta dish. But when you do it, do it moderately. Don’t eat a whole serving of ice cream on your own, have a few bites. If you order pizza or pasta, commit to just having a little. Its the OVER EATING of it that will harm you. And just try not to do it often. if you don’t let yourself get hungry and you are always prepared with healthy foods, snacks, left over meals, etc., it will be much easier to NOT give in to temptations.
6. Get yourself a cool new water bottle. Get used to carrying it with you everywhere you go. Set mini goals throughout the day to help you get all your water in. For example: one bottle by 9am, another bottle by 12pm, another bottle by 3pm and another by bedtime.
7. Make sure you are taking a “medical grade” prenatal vitamin, Folate (make sure it says folate and not folic acid), liquid vitamin B and liquid vitamin D. Some of these will help you feel more energized, help with morning sickness and decrease chances of cancer.
You can still do this my friend! It’s not too late!
In my second pregnancy, I couldn’t workout for 4 months because I was on bed rest with Placenta Previa. I had gained way more weight than at that point with my first pregnancy.
Luckily my bed rest got lifted and I was able to resume exercise.
And I did it.
I only gained 20 lbs total, I totally slowed it down.
You got this!
If you start now, you will totally get very similar results.
I have worked with TENS OF THOUSANDS of pregnant women who have done my Fit Mom-To-Be Workout Program and have all gotten amazing results.
Good luck and if you need some help with your pregnancy workouts, if you want to exercise but you don’t know what is safe or where to start or how to change your workouts monthly so that you see good results, don’t you stress. I would be honored to be your Pregnancy Coach and have you join the thousands of women who do my Fit Mom-To-Be Workouts. You will love the workouts, the results as well as the support you will get monthly with your workouts.
If you start my pregnancy workout program, I will see you inside the program.
I have lots of tips for you and I can’t wait for you to see all the videos of the exercises.
Send me YOUR BUMP PICTURES, would be great to compare with after you have your baby….
So you can see how fabulous you will look.
I would also love to feature you and your beautiful bump.
Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s not too late to SLOW DOWN & LESSEN your Pregnancy Weight Gain.
If you exercise, you will see a huge change.
Less weight gain, not as fast and you will feel tighter, more fit, more energetic and less fatigue.
If you don’t want to spend 6-24 months postpartum losing your “BABY WEIGHT”, invest a little time, energy and possibly resources into your health and fitness this pregnancy. It will be so worth it when you are back at your pre-pregnancy weight in less than 3 months and feeling like yourself again.
If you need guidance, support and a safe exercise plan, you will love my Fit Mom-To-Be Workout Program (tested by TENS OF THOUSANDS of pregnant women).
And you can do it for your entire pregnancy (its not just a 12 week program).
Here is what you can expect:
- Less Weight Gain
- Less Stretch Marks and Cellulite
- Faster Labor & Delivery
- Faster Postpartum Weight Loss
- More Energy
- Less Aches & Pains
- Less Chances of Gestational Diabetes
- Better Sleep
What You Get:
- Monthly workouts that change every 4 weeks (which delivers the best results).
- No gym is required (2 versions available: home and gym).
- Exercise Videos & Pictures of every single exercise.
- Can view, access and download on any smart phone, tablet or computer.
- Private Facebook Group for support, community and questions answered by Michelle Marie.
- Monthly pregnancy nutrition tips to help you throughout your pregnancy.
To start your pregnancy workouts, click here: Fit Mom-To-Be
If you are struggling with what to eat and different options that are SAFE for the baby and won’t make you GAIN WEIGHT, you will totally enjoy and get great use of the MMF Pregnancy Diet Plan.
- Full Meal Plan for entire pregnancy (know exactly what nutrients you and baby need).
- Increase energy & decrease fatigue with the best food combinations.
- Easy Kid-Friendly Recipes that will save you time in the kitchen.
- Helps reduce cravings so you eat healthier and gain less weight.
- Yummy and comforting meals so you can still enjoy eating.
Watch this for pregnancy inspiration!