I know that just by the name of these incredibly amazing cookies, you think they are not good for you.
I mean how could they?
Cinnamon Glaze? Are you serious?
Yup, my friend, 100% healthy. Just a little sugar from the Agave but super healthy. And they are GLUTEN-FREE. Don’t you love that you can have a delicious treat and its good for you and its gluten-free. I love all my gluten free cookies and snacks.
You can find all the recipes on My Pinterest Boards.
Believe it or not, I was feeling Chocolate Chipped out! Yes, me….. crazy!
So I had tons of almond flour and I figured I would give these a try. I found them on this website by Civilized Caveman Cooking, and tweaked them.
They are so good..
My husband normally is picky about my health snacks. But he absolutely loved these. He said……. “Mmmmm, these are good, they taste like pound cake”.
If you are picky like my hubby, go to My Pinterest Boards and click “FOLLOW ALL” so you can have access to all of my healthy recipes. You have tons of them to choose from, even if you are picky.
LOL, well not exactly pound cake, I think he meant BISCOTTI because thats kind of what they taste like. The are simply amazing and easy to make.
And you know me, I always tell you to be prepared with healthy snacks so that you don’t skip meals or over eat because you are starving because too much time has passed without you eating. So please try these or if you don’t want cookies try some of the HEALTHY PANCAKES and MUFFINS from My Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipes Book. You can download it immediately and have access to over 300 healthy recipes to choose from.
I hope you make them, here is the recipe.
Cinnamon Glazed Healthy Almond Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla, oil and agave.
- Fold in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Its very dry, so just with your hands roll the mixture into little balls and then flatten and round them up and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for ~ 14 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Meanwhile, mix the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and when cookies are done, drizzle glaze over them.
Go on My Facebook Page and let me know if you try them. Or if you have made any of my cookies…… which is YOUR favorite? I would love to know.
Ok, I hope you enjoy these as much as my family and I did….. Nico loved them too!
Remember, always keep a healthy snack with you and keep that metabolism burning calories all day long.