Believe it or not, sometimes I do get sick of chocolate……
I know, hard to believe huh?
But its true, especially during the hot summer months here in South Florida. So those times, I like to make things with fresh fruit. And what a better way to pair fruit than with some Greek yogurt. Check out this deelish little cup of fresh berries and yogurt that I made.
And that is exactly what I did for this PROTEIN PACKED snack. And you know me, I never skip out on making healthy snacks for the week. Being prepared all the time with healthy snacks and meals is the best way to ensure that you will stay on track with your “DIET”.
Its a lot harder to binge or eat something “BAD”, when you have good options in your fridge. But when you have nothing, and the hunger shows up, it is really hard to have WILL POWER. So save yourself the frustration and hard work, and prep a few snacks once a week and have them ready for when its time to eat. And remember, the way to SPEED METABOLISM so that you can BURN CALORIES all day long, is by eating a HEALTHY MEAL every 3-4 hours.
I make a healthy MENU every week and I plan out all my meals and snacks and do my grocery shopping once a week. I am always prepared because that is the key to getting good and consistent results. I take my Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipes Book and I look through it and pick out my DINNERS for every day of the week. Then I make extra so that I have left over’s for lunch the next day. And in the snacks section or on My Pinterest Boards, I find a Healthy Snack Recipe and I also make that.
So if you don’t yet have my Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipes Book, you can download it RIGHT NOW and have over 300 Healthy Recipes available to help YOU plan out your meals as well. Also, make sure to “FOLLOW” all my boards on PINTEREST. As I have tons of amazing healthy snack recipes for you to try and enjoy.
And remember, NEVER SKIP A MEAL. Don’t let more than 4 hours go by without eating or you will be in trouble with low blood sugar, CRAVINGS and slllloooowwwwiiinngngggg metabolism.
And if you have nothing prepped, have a PROTEIN BAR. Always keep some handy. But most bars are full of excuse my language….. CRAP. But I did find one that is 100% healthy. Its actually made with 100% natural ingredients, no GMO’s, organic and low in carbs… and did I say DELICIOUS? Try them, and they always have some sort of a special (you can only get them online). My favorite flavor is GRAHAM CRACKER. Here is the link: DALE PROTEIN BARS.
Here is the recipe…….
Blueberry Protein Yogurt Parfait
- 1 1/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon + more for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup Muesli (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 scoop vanilla Protein Powder (I use PROGRADE).
- Put the berries in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 1-2 minutes or until the berries are melted and sort of look like jelly.
- Let cool and meanwhile in small bowl mix the yogurt with vanilla, protein powder and cinnamon. Set aside and in a small skillet toast the muesli with a little cinnamon until golden brown and toasty.
- Set aside and let cool.
- To assemble, pour a little of the blueberries into 2 small cups.
- Then place a few heaping tablespoons of the yogurt mixture in each.
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and a few tablespoons of the muesli.
- Pour the rest of the yogurt on each cup, reserving a few dollups for the top.
- Divide the rest of the blueberries between the two cups and top with a dollup of yogurt on each and a sprinkle of muesli.
- Keep refrigerated.
Seriously, this is not only a gorgeous snack but its packed with nutrients, protein and so good for you. Its also incredibly delicious and probably took me about 5 minutes total to make.
Checkout the health benefits of Greek yogurt.
Health Benefits of Greek Yogurt
- Higher in protein than regular yogurt.
- Less sugar than regular yogurt.
- Contains good bacteria that aid in digestion.
- High in Calcium.
Greek yogurt is a great addition to any diet. So I hope you try this recipe because it is incredibly good and easy to make.