Ha ha, I know you opened this because you were like……. 6 minutes for dinner..…. YEAH RIGHT!
Well, almost……….. SHRIMP takes 6 minutes to roast in the oven and they come out juicy and delicious. I love having shrimp on a week night when I am in a hurry.
As women, we multi-task because for most of us, we juggle a million things daily so you are going to enjoy this healthy recipe because you can put it together quickly and you can get stuff done around the house while its cooking. Don’t you love that?
And Shrimp is good for you amidst its bad reputation for high cholesterol.
One of my favorite shrimp dishes is from My Eat To Be Fit Healthy Recipes Book, its Shrimp Mint and Basil Pesto and Shrimp and Avocado Ceviche, oh and can’t leave out the Sesame-Ginger Shrimp, that one is soooo good. Yummmyyyy.
Benefits of Shrimp:
High in :
- Protein: help build lean and toned muscle
- Vitamin D: along with benefits like preventing high blood pressure and increasing immune function and helping absorb vitamin C, it may also help increase TESTOSTERONE so that you can build more lean muscle.
- Vitamin B3: helps reduce bad cholesterol, good for brain function, circulation, memory power and digestion.
- Zinc: helps immune function, increase fertility, prevents cancer and a huge one that you may not know, it helps the release of some hormones that help you gain more lean muscle.
- Omega-3: decreases inflammation
- Selenium: people who consume this less chance of cancer and helps boost immense system
There is another great healthy recipe for Shrimp on My Pinterest Boards, its a delicious and super refreshing Fruity Quinoa Salad with veggies and shrimp. You have to try it. If you are NOT FOLLOWING: My Pinterest Boards, make sure you go there now and then click “FOLLOW“. This way you can get all my healthy recipes.
Ok now before I give you this delicious recipe that you can make in minutes, I want you to check out this weeks Fat Burning Workout. If you are reading this post its because you like things that take very little time because you are BUSY. So if you are, you will LOVE this super QUICK FAT BURNING WORKOUT that is on My YouTube Channel.
Roasted Tomatoes & Shrimp
- 4 large tomatoes, cut in large chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 lemons, juiced
- S&P to taste
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the tomatoes and garlic in a baking dish with a little stock and roast for about 20 minutes.
- Take the dish out and place the shrimp on there with the juice of the 2 lemons, the parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the top with feta and place in oven for another 6 minutes or so.
If you think this is easy and sounds good, please SHARE this by clicking on one of the SHARE buttons above.
And stay tuned for tomorrows healthy recipe for a yummy protein smoothie on My Facebook Page. By the way, I post all my healthy recipes, fat burning workouts and exercise videos on My Facebook Page weekly, so if you are not on there, make sure you LIKE the page and check in every day to see what goodies you will find.